LG B6 vs E6 worth extra £500?

Alexxxx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I absolutely cannot decide between the two considering the difference is less than £500 right now.

Is the 3D and soundbar worth extra dosh? Are there any other differences? I know they are essentially the same TVs, but it seems that E6 owners are much more happy than B6 dudes.

Also going through reviews E6 seems to have less input lag than E6, I assume it is to do with a chipset/processor?

I would appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
If you can afford it, I recommend the e6 simply because you have a better overall packaged TV
Most users raving about the e6 and the 3D The b6 is fantastic value for money but the e6 gives you that little bit extra needed in processing and brightness plus sound.
This said, I recommend waiting as you are 6 weeks from Jan ces. The 2017 TV crop is worth checking and the e6 should drop to b6 level prices in q1
Thats a lot of money and you are very close to 2017 TV releases. Some announcement on standard expected and you want to be sure the 2016 crop are retro fitted if it happens. Lg seems to be future proof enough but not worth the risk in my humble opinion. The e6 is my fallback TV if 2017 crop not improving things enough.

Both are great TVs so it's up to you if 3D is important to you. I own a B6 and have no complaints but the E6 is one good looking Tv ( I'm whispering that so my B6 doesn't hear me)
Problem you will have is that the E6 owners will tell you it's much better than the B6 to try and justify paying extra while the B6 owners will say that the B6 is better considering it costs less and has near identical picture in their opinion so no help there.
I think you wil be impressed no matter which one you get.

I have had the B6 and currently have an E6 (both 55" sets),in my eyes the E6 clearly has a better picture ,price has no bearing on this opinion ,as the E6 ended up costing me less than the B6

This said, I recommend waiting as you are 6 weeks from Jan ces. The 2017 TV crop is worth checking and the e6 should drop to b6 level prices in q1
This is what I'm looking at doing as I've also got my eyes on both these TVs but I don't have a separate audio system so would prefer the better sound of the E6 (3D nice but not essential).

£2400-2500 is a great price for the quality of the E6 but if it drops to £2K then I think it will be impossible to resist.

I have had the B6 and currently have an E6 (both 55" sets),in my eyes the E6 clearly has a better picture ,price has no bearing on this opinion ,as the E6 ended up costing me less than the B6
How did you managed to get an e6 cheaper than a b6?
Only explanation is the timing of purchase

I would read up on the reviews and try and have a look yourself because to be honest the fanboys both both camps will soon ruin your thread as you can see.

The E6 has 2 remotes as well as better sound & astonishing 3D, no contest.

So is the E6 slightly brighter? The hdtv test review say that B6 is brighter.....

This is what I'm looking at doing as I've also got my eyes on both these TVs but I don't have a separate audio system so would prefer the better sound of the E6 (3D nice but not essential).

£2400-2500 is a great price for the quality of the E6 but if it drops to £2K then I think it will be impossible to resist.

Don't really need a soundbar as i got a home cinema system.....

Don't really need a soundbar as i got a home cinema system.....
If it wasn't for two little kids I'd definitely go for a proper 5.1/7.1 system. I've currently got a Samsung 55JS9000 and am happy enough with the TV sound but it'll be nice to have a little extra oomph, hence me preferring the E6.

I think if I had a separate system then I'd probably go the B6 route but then saying that, I prefer the look of the E6 too so would no doubt scrape that extra £500 together.

You pay for 3D, refined design/looks/materials and sound.

Although I actually don't like the e6 look. It reminds me of the Sony tvs from 4 years ago. The B6 looks like it floats above its stand creating a picture on its own instead of tied to a slab underneath.

However if you aren't bothered about 3D.. and who is!? and have a speaker system anyway then what is the point of spending more when you could get a B6 and have enough money left for a professional calibration.

Although I actually don't like the e6 look. It reminds me of the Sony tvs from 4 years ago. The B6 looks like it floats above its stand creating a picture on its own instead of tied to a slab underneath.

However if you aren't bothered about 3D.. and who is!? and have a speaker system anyway then what is the point of spending more when you could get a B6 and have enough money left for a professional calibration.

Now we're getting somewhere.... I do prefer the look of B6 as well, it looks a bit slicker IMO. I am not big a fan of the glass around the edges and the soundbar looks out of place. I will be wall mounting the tv anyways so I think B6 would look better on the wall

Because the E6 has a different processor chip for a start. Also finer calibration controls, better build quality. I'm sure there are other differences.

I absolutely cannot decide between the two considering the difference is less than £500 right now.

Is the 3D and soundbar worth extra dosh? Are there any other differences? I know they are essentially the same TVs, but it seems that E6 owners are much more happy than B6 dudes.

Also going through reviews E6 seems to have less input lag than E6, I assume it is to do with a chipset/processor?

I would appreciate any advice.

depends how much £500 is to you. for some that's a lot of money. for others it's not.

if you're in the former group, you need to decide if the additional features are worth the extra, to you. it's a decision only you can make. everyone has an opinion, but it won't necessarily be right for you.

if you're in the latter group, and you want the extra features, i'd say you might as well go for it.

depends how much £500 is to you. for some that's a lot of money. for others it's not.

if you're in the former group, you need to decide if the additional features are worth the extra, to you. it's a decision only you can make. everyone has an opinion, but it won't necessarily be right for you.

if you're in the latter group, and you want the extra features, i'd say you might as well go for it.

I'm sort of in-between I guess. If I am spending that sort of money I want to get the best TV possible and not have any regrets down the road...

I just want to know is here is actual difference PQ wise?

I'm sort of in-between I guess. If I am spending that sort of money I want to get the best TV possible and not have any regrets down the road...

I just want to know is here is actual difference PQ wise?

If you go onto the B6 thread they say no difference, on the E6 thread they say the PQ is better on the E6.

Either way the difference in PQ is minimal having spoke to salesmen in Currys and RS.

Either way the difference in PQ is minimal having spoke to salesmen in Currys and RS.

I was in John Lewis yesterday and they has a 55E6 behind the 55B6 running the same LG demo reel. The E6 looked to me noticeably better. I didn't check the settings and also neither were calibrated so one may have been much closer to a calibrated picture out of the box than the other.

I,ve had 2 B6 ,and the E6 clearly has better PQ imo

I went to John Lewis today, sadly they only had E6 on display but it looked fantastic. Also, I checked all the reviews and they say E6 has slightly less input lag, 10ms less I believe.

Out of the box PQ appears to be the same for the both models...obviously no two displays are exactly the same, I'm just looking at different reviews.

I have had the 55" B6 and now have the65" E6.
The B6 does look better than the E6 (my opinion) when its on the wall or stand as its more subtle and more symmetrical but thats the looks and for me that's where it ends.
My E6 has more punch and more depth to the picture and I feel more fluid motion.
If you have a dedicated sound system then go for the B6 and save yourself a few quid.
If you have the extra cash available then the E6 is very hard to beat !!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom