• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question LG B6 Splotchy streak.

OJman

Established Member
Hi folks,

I'm having a weird issue with my LG B6. Initiially I thought it could be burn in, but it just doesn't look like a pattern or anything that could possibly constitute burn in.

Anyway I have a dark splotchy streak on the right hand side of the TV that extends until about the middle. I've tried to attach a picture, it's a bit crap so I apologise, but hopefully you can see what I mean, it's far more visible in person, I realise it might seem like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill haha.

I did try the pixel refreshed to no avail.

Imgur

Any idea what this is?

Thanks

scottiefraser

Established Member
Hi folks,

I'm having a weird issue with my LG B6. Initiially I thought it could be burn in, but it just doesn't look like a pattern or anything that could possibly constitute burn in.

Anyway I have a dark splotchy streak on the right hand side of the TV that extends until about the middle. I've tried to attach a picture, it's a bit crap so I apologise, but hopefully you can see what I mean, it's far more visible in person, I realise it might seem like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill haha.

I did try the pixel refreshed to no avail.

Imgur

Any idea what this is?

Thanks
I'm no expert but I'd say this is more likely a panel fault. Is it under Warranty?

OJman

Established Member
Oh my, I've figured out what it is.

It's burn in left by the screensaver no signal input. The yellow flowers on the mountain scene. Surely it's not right or fair that it can do that?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom