LG B6 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

I tried rolling back with lgdtvupdater with no sucess from latest fw 05.30.85

You cant downgrade from newest fw? The tv found the fw but all it did was to stand still at 0% not downloading.
You can’t roll back to v4 from that latest v5.
My B6 will die with the latest v4 version shoes on

Hi peeps am having issues my internet was playing up yesterday so I rebooted my router and it would not connect at all to the tv after the reboot I power off my tv from the wall and router a few times and still nothing. So I tried again this morning and now it’s not even finding the wifi at all any help??

Has any one gone for a Sonos Arc to go with the B6?
What sound options are you getting - don't understand atoms DD+ etc etc but interested if teh tv will allow any potential of the bar to be used?
You'll need to buy hd fury arcana to use the sonos arc with your TV to get full dolby atmos

I’ve just installed it too - fingers crossed for a black glow fix - only been about 4 years!!

Edit - just checked and the glow is still there unfortunately. No idea what this firmware does but it still doesn’t fix this issue. I’ve got used to it now but it’s still frustrating as the E6 I have in another room gives perfect blacks and it does make a difference.

Last edited:
I’ve set my brightness to 49 and have nice blacks but lose a bit of shadow detail so I guess it’s down to personal preference what you want to compromise on, It‘s a shame we have to make any compromise at all.

Last edited:
I’ve set my brightness to 49 and have nice blacks but lose a bit of shadow detail so I guess it’s down to personal preference what you want to compromise on, It‘s a shame we have to make any compromise at all.
The brightness control doesn’t effect the black glow problem unfortunately. That was always the issue - it can’t be dialed out with any controls.

In that case my tv does not appear to suffer from it, my tv is completely invisible in a dark room when displaying a black screen on brightness setting 49 but not on 50.

In that case my tv does not appear to suffer from it, my tv is completely invisible in a dark room when displaying a black screen on brightness setting 49 but not on 50.
That's good - I will test dropping the brightness as to be fair it was set at 51 and I haven't tried dropping it with this latest firmware but on all previous firmwares ( well the ones since the issue was introduced anyway) the brightness control did not effect the glow - you could drop brightness to zero and the glow was still there. If yours doesn't suffer then thats great news and I'm jealous!!

That's good - I will test dropping the brightness as to be fair it was set at 51 and I haven't tried dropping it with this latest firmware but on all previous firmwares ( well the ones since the issue was introduced anyway) the brightness control did not effect the glow - you could drop brightness to zero and the glow was still there. If yours doesn't suffer then thats great news and I'm jealous!!

Let us know how it goes !

HI, long time lurker who is a B6 owner without an extended warranty.

I've been chatting with LG UK support regarding what appears to be banding similar to what others have experienced (albeit in only one place), and after submitting the following picture their engineers have quoted £200 including parts, VAT and courier pick up and drop off for a repair.

OLED-Yellow.jpg

I asked if it was the same cost even if they found out they need to swap the whole panel and they said "yes".

Does this seem good value to you? It feels like it could have been a lot worse to me! Does anyone have any experience of an LG UK out of warranty repair like this were they use a courier pick up?

Let us know how it goes !
I’ve just checked and the glow is there regardless of the brightness settings as with previous firmware versions. If you put your nose up to the screen in a dark room you can see the light cross hatched lines causing the glow. It’s not present on my E6 with the same source material. This was definitely an issue introduced by the firmware update a couple of years ago. I very much doubt it will ever be fixed. If you don’t have it or can’t see it then don’t go looking is my advice!

Stereohaven that seems very reasonable. I have a similar band that appeared after a recent automatic screen clean, can I ask where you got the yellow slide to show up the band?

Stereohaven that seems very reasonable. I have a similar band that appeared after a recent automatic screen clean, can I ask where you got the yellow slide to show up the band?

It's just YouTube, I did a search for "Yellow background" and believe it or not there is a 10 hour long video of just a yellow screen!

A Screen Of Pure Yellow For 10 Hours

I did send them other pictures but the one with the yellow background is what they asked for.

£200 is half of what I would have paid out so far on the monthly extended guarantee from the retailer if I had taken it, so seems OK to me, just thought I would check in other experiences.

I’ve just checked and the glow is there regardless of the brightness settings as with previous firmware versions. If you put your nose up to the screen in a dark room you can see the light cross hatched lines causing the glow. It’s not present on my E6 with the same source material. This was definitely an issue introduced by the firmware update a couple of years ago. I very much doubt it will ever be fixed. If you don’t have it or can’t see it then don’t go looking is my advice!

Thanks. I’ll stick to v4 then . Pity LG never cared for this.

Anyone else had issues with the LG Disney plus app since the last app update? Intermittent sound drop outs and the odd glitch in picture. I had to stop watching Hamilton on the LG app because of this and switch to Apple 4K box where the picture and sound was perfect. Watching more disney via LG app again last time and the same happened....

Anyone else had issues with the LG Disney plus app since the last app update? Intermittent sound drop outs and the odd glitch in picture. I had to stop watching Hamilton on the LG app because of this and switch to Apple 4K box where the picture and sound was perfect. Watching more disney via LG app again last time and the same happened....
Having same issues on the C6 (plus other C6 users seem to be too) since the update too, don't know if its affecting newer models or just the 2016 range..

Anyone else had issues with the LG Disney plus app since the last app update? Intermittent sound drop outs and the odd glitch in picture....
I watched X-men Dark Phoenix a couple of days ago on my 2016 65UH770V (which runs the same software as the B6's) and didn't experience any issues. The TV's audio was sent to my audio system via HDMI ARC...

Does the B6 remote use both IR and RF?
Anyone know if with a Harmony or a Broadlink you can replicate full compatibilty?

It is still possible to downgrade to 04.31.25 for B6 EU model or 04.31.20 for US model from the latest 05.31.xx FW. To do so, ge the 05.40.xx FW first.

The reason this works is that the 05.40.03 is a beta an untested fw which is also unlocked so that means we can go down in FW downgrade. If you directly try to downgrade from official 05.31.xx to 04.31.xx then it will not work because LG has made a lock on the firmware it self.

Download this one first

Then use the LGTV_UPDATER procedure (google it) to upgrade to 05.40.03. Only then you will be able to downgrade to 04.31.25.

04.31.25 (EU version, to get the US version just google it)

After downgrade, reset the TV and get better performance, black levels as they should have been and increased HDR game mode brightness aswell as other modes. You will lose HLG and maybe some other not important things, but who cares if you only game, watch DV/HDR content on the 2016 OLED TV :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom