LG B6 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

So, this doesn't happen *at all* with non HDR content?

The other day the update popped up but I cancelled it as I was about to watch something, now running check for update doesn't work. Did they pull it?

You can always download to usb and plug in. I'd stay in v4. Not trading perfect blacks for anything.

Just upated to .85 and now Simplink power on and off with my Denon reciever no longer works. Thanks LG!

Thanks. I also have a Denon, staying @ v4 forever !

Just upated to .85 and now Simplink power on and off with my Denon reciever no longer works. Thanks LG!
I suggest you turn off the 'mains power' to everything. Re-seat your HDMI leads. And turn the mains power back on!

Hey guys, I'm struggling with streaming high-bitrate (40 Mbit+) movies from my PC via Plex/Xplay without lag, so I'm thinking about buying an external HDD for those movies instead and just plug it in to the B6. Has anyone used a WD Elements Portable or a Seagate Expansion portable (2-4 TB) and could tell me if it works well with the TV? Or maybe some other HDD that works well?
Also, is there any restrictions regarding bitrate/file formats for a file played trough an external HDD compared to streaming through the network?

Thanks!

Hmmm...

I can play 4K UHD .mkv contained files stored on my Synology NAS via a wired network connection perfectly...

Hey guys, I'm struggling with streaming high-bitrate (40 Mbit+) movies from my PC via Plex/Xplay without lag, so I'm thinking about buying an external HDD for those movies instead and just plug it in to the B6. Has anyone used a WD Elements Portable or a Seagate Expansion portable (2-4 TB) and could tell me if it works well with the TV? Or maybe some other HDD that works well?
Also, is there any restrictions regarding bitrate/file formats for a file played trough an external HDD compared to streaming through the network?

Thanks!

I have a WD portable 4tb drive and it works fine. I play 4k UHD HDR remux files that are primarily mkv , never had a problem.

Hmmm...

I can play 4K UHD .mkv contained files stored on my Synology NAS via a wired network connection perfectly...

Synology NAS via wireless works fine too so long as the Wifi is at least AC1600 which my router is, may work with less but i can tell you large bitrate streams perfect over that speed.

you need to reset it most likely to work again, read the manual it tells you how to configure it properly.

Hmmm...

I have a WD portable 4tb drive and it works fine. I play 4k UHD HDR remux files that are primarily mkv , never had a problem.

I suspect my router isn´t the best, I´ve got other issues with DLNA not always working etc.. Anyways. I bought a Seagate 2TB hard-drive and now I´m able to play everything, regardless of bitrate :)

Does anyone use a USB hard drive to record Freeview on their B6?

I'm thinking of ditching my Tivo as I mainly use it for normal TV and I'm a bit bored of paying for it when I can get the same for free via the aerial.

So wondering what HD's are recommended?

Last edited:
@scoobie dave I would suggest that a Humax DVR would be your best bet to record Freeview as your able to record up to four channels at once and I believe using a USB hard drive on the TV you can only record the channel you are watching.

Using a Mutant HD51 here and records 4K and anything you throw at it, live shift and all.

@scoobie dave I would suggest that a Humax DVR would be your best bet to record Freeview as your able to record up to four channels at once and I believe using a USB hard drive on the TV you can only record the channel you are watching.

Thanks for the suggestion, although them Humax seem to be painfully slow. The Manhattan T3R seems the better unit.

Anyway I’m sticking with my Tivo V6 now as Virgin retentions have just offered me a deal I couldn’t turn down.

Happy days

I've got an oled65b6v and the dog has chewed the magic remote. Any advice on a replacement..?
I bought an AN-MR18BA and it controls the tv but the 'magic' part doesn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_8170.jpeg
    IMG_8170.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8169.jpeg
    IMG_8169.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 84
I've got an oled65b6v and the dog has chewed the magic remote. Any advice on a replacement..?
I bought an AN-MR18BA and it controls the tv but the 'magic' part doesn't work.
According to your photo's your existing remote control is an LG AN-MR600. You should be able to obtain a replacement over at ebay.

Suffice to say, any replacement 'magic' remote control that you buy will have to be 'paired' with your TV. Did you do this with the AN-MR18BA ;)

Yes, but the 'magic' function doesn't work. It just controls the tv with the arrow keys around the jog wheel. Pointing the remote and waving it does nothing...

Yes, but the 'magic' function doesn't work. It just controls the tv with the arrow keys around the jog wheel. Pointing the remote and waving it does nothing...
This would suggest that you have not 'paired' (or registered) your new magic remote with your TV correctly!

EDIT: It may also be worth pointing out that LG recently released a software update for their magic remote controls. I've just dug out two old magic remotes that I don't use with my LG tellies (an AN-MR650 and an AN-MR700) and they both went through the update process before pairing and functioning correctly!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom