LG B6 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

The Limey

Reaction score
7iWDpB.jpg

This is a continuation of the LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion thread from here:
LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 5

Site Review:
LG B6 (OLED55B6V) UHD 4K TV Review

Be prepared for repeated questions from those who can’t find the time to read the other threads, yet find the funds for the B6. Dunno about everyone else but I prefer to do lots of reading and research beforehand [emoji1303]

Be prepared for repeated questions from those who can’t find the time to read the other threads, yet find the funds for the B6. Dunno about everyone else but I prefer to do lots of reading and research beforehand [emoji1303]

Yeah, but is the B6 any good, and does anyone have any recommended settings?

But we are of a certain vintage i believe :lesson: to any new comers just buy it if you can get it for less than £1600 it's a no-brainer. I just saved the millennials a good few mins there trying to figure out how to rephrase the same questions.

Just bought a B6 and pretty happy, except lip sync issues with SkyQ. Have it set to -5 which is the max and still not quite enough.

I am connected direct to TV via HDMI then ARC to Yamaha soundbar.

Any ideas of what else to do?

Thx

Just bought a B6 and pretty happy, except lip sync issues with SkyQ. Have it set to -5 which is the max and still not quite enough.

I am connected direct to TV via HDMI then ARC to Yamaha soundbar.

Any ideas of what else to do?

Thx

You can set audio delay on the sky box as well in 20ms increments.

You can set audio delay on the sky box as well in 20ms increments.
That is just for optical out I think, that what it says anyway

I have a new (possibly) issue!?! Have had to reset my B6 twice in the last 6 weeks due to it not recognising anything through any hdmi ports?

Once was after watching something from my NAS, the other when watching Netflix. Watched whatever it was fine, select Sky Q, then get audio through my AVR but no picture. Tried my Nvidia Shield, Samsung bluray, same problem, audio but no picture?

First time it happened I tried plugging the hdmi into the other TV ports, same result. Tried different hdmi leads, same? It's like all the hdmi ports stop working? Last night I didn't even bother checking everything. Tried a few things this morning that didn't work, so just reset it again, all worked after!!!

So the only way to rectify it is to reset the TV back to factory and set it all up again?

Anyone had similar or have any suggestions to stop it happening again?

Have you got that hdmi deep colour option turned on, on all hdmi ports?

If you have maybe try testing by turning one of the ports ultra deep colour off. (think this what its called).

Have you got that hdmi deep colour option turned on, on all hdmi ports?

If you have maybe try testing by turning one of the ports ultra deep colour off. (think this what its called).

I only have it turned on under HDMI 2 as that's the only input I use, everything goes through my Denon 2300.

So has anyone had the new update ota yet?havent access to my laptop as its away getting fixed.

I'm sorry to bring something back from part 5, but it seems this issue isn't solved.

No matter what I try, I can't get 5.1 audio from the built-in Netflix app via ARC to my AVR (Yamaha RX-A860, latest firmware as of last week). I've confirmed that the TV itself can handle this: Playing a file from USB stick plugged into the TV will correctly send e.g. DTS to my AVR. But the Netflix app is always stereo. The app does show that content has "5.1" support now -- it used to not even show that two weeks ago. But playback will always be in 2.0 PCM stereo.

I've tried switching the ARC output format to "auto" on the TV (it was "PCM") but that made no difference for the Netflix app. Switching off HDMI-CEC ("SmartLink") makes it so there is no audio from the TV via ARC at all anymore. If HDMI-CEC is on, at least the AVR automatically switches to AV4 and there is 2.0 audio.

There are no settings in the Netflix app that could influence this. Playing back the same Netflix content via a Sony UBP-X800 plugged directly into the AVR gives 5.1 audio. So like others have suggested, unless someone knows of a definite fix or what could be wrong in my settings, I believe the Netflix app on webOS can't do 5.1 via ARC at the moment.

Have you tried using the optical out to see if it provides 5.1 that way?

I'm sorry to bring something back from part 5, but it seems this issue isn't solved.

No matter what I try, I can't get 5.1 audio from the built-in Netflix app via ARC to my AVR (Yamaha RX-A860, latest firmware as of last week). I've confirmed that the TV itself can handle this: Playing a file from USB stick plugged into the TV will correctly send e.g. DTS to my AVR. But the Netflix app is always stereo. The app does show that content has "5.1" support now -- it used to not even show that two weeks ago. But playback will always be in 2.0 PCM stereo.

I've tried switching the ARC output format to "auto" on the TV (it was "PCM") but that made no difference for the Netflix app. Switching off HDMI-CEC ("SmartLink") makes it so there is no audio from the TV via ARC at all anymore. If HDMI-CEC is on, at least the AVR automatically switches to AV4 and there is 2.0 audio.

There are no settings in the Netflix app that could influence this. Playing back the same Netflix content via a Sony UBP-X800 plugged directly into the AVR gives 5.1 audio. So like others have suggested, unless someone knows of a definite fix or what could be wrong in my settings, I believe the Netflix app on webOS can't do 5.1 via ARC at the moment.

I get 5.1 via arc using inbuilt app, maybe try logging out of the netflix app or reloading the app if there is an option in the apps settings?

Thanks gunner84 and Geesus. I don't know if this might be an issue in the AVR firmware after all. After closing and reopening the Netflix app, I get 5.1 in "straight" mode from most older Netflix content. The newer stuff also seems to work. In some cases I had to enable Dolby decoding by hand on the AVR, but then magically when switching back to straight mode, the 5.1 soundtrack was still present and being decoded fine (?).

I have no clue what made this not work the entire time up until now. I thought it might also be a bandwidth issue, but I can play 4K with Dolby Vision fine from Netflix, so it shouldn't be that.

Anyway, I can say it's not the app now, at least not always, and/or it can be fixed by completely shutting down the app. I'll keep an eye on this to see if there's a pattern and will post again if there is one. Might be LG/Yamaha related as well. Thanks for the suggestions :)

I have a new (possibly) issue!?! Have had to reset my B6 twice in the last 6 weeks due to it not recognising anything through any hdmi ports?

Once was after watching something from my NAS, the other when watching Netflix. Watched whatever it was fine, select Sky Q, then get audio through my AVR but no picture. Tried my Nvidia Shield, Samsung bluray, same problem, audio but no picture?

First time it happened I tried plugging the hdmi into the other TV ports, same result. Tried different hdmi leads, same? It's like all the hdmi ports stop working? Last night I didn't even bother checking everything. Tried a few things this morning that didn't work, so just reset it again, all worked after!!!

So the only way to rectify it is to reset the TV back to factory and set it all up again?

Anyone had similar or have any suggestions to stop it happening again?

I get this periodically - I think it's some kind of handshake issue and it tends to crop up for me when using my Xbox for a while; switching between 50 and 60hz apps/games over time within a single session sometimes leads to the dreaded dog picture, so it might be something similar for you if switching between sources. If you're patient (anything up to five minutes) it will eventually find a picture (but if you switch source again it'll take another five minutes of dog), but I find the quickest way to resolve this is to unplug the telly for fifteen seconds, then plug it back in again. Not ideal really, but it does the trick.

Does the tv have native DD pass through? Can it with service menu hack ?

Has anyone heard any updates as to when or if LG will bring HLG to the 2016 range? I seem to remember LG said they'd be bringing it out in an update. That must be about 9 months ago.

Has anyone heard any updates as to when or if LG will bring HLG to the 2016 range? I seem to remember LG said they'd be bringing it out in an update. That must be about 9 months ago.

It was in January, at CES, they said it would be added.

Hasn't been as yet, but then nothing is using at at present (so far as I'm aware)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom