LG B6 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

No american vandal on Netflix over in France, sorry :(

No worries, thanks for trying.

It definitely looks like a Netflix only issue for me with regards to how my soundbar or Netflix app down converts DD+, hopefully a fix will come one day, think I will switch to stereo for now.

So are people still seeing glowing blacks with OLED light lowered?
I noticed it a few days ago when playing Everybody's Golf on the PS4.
HDR enabled, where the screen used to black, it is now dark grey.
If it isn't resolved by the next released firmware then I will have to argue that the unique reason for the purchase has been taken away and push for a refund.

Just watched an hdr movie, black glow is definitely there. Noticed it once or twice, not going to bother rollbacking yet, but I'll definitely follow how things turn out in the next firmware.

I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it,

Thanks but I may have misunderstood or you may have misunderstood me. Is the target to get the pattern to look abit yellow or completely white for it to be D65.

Any green or yellow tinges are just down to the innacuracies of the tv, white should look white.
Its just that the closest you get on the B6, to D65 is warm 2 (on ISF modes) and that is green.
If you cant calibrate it to your satisfaction then another setting might be better, though like i said its always much better to get someone like Jules in to calibrate it for you, the difference is amazing and when you consider what these cost, a couple of hundred quid or so is nothing.

Can anyone recommend a harmony remote for the LG B6?

Im also wondering if you can get one that can still make use of the magic pointer for scrolling menus?

Can anyone recommend a harmony remote for the LG B6?

Im also wondering if you can get one that can still make use of the magic pointer for scrolling menus?

I have the Harmony Companion as didn’t want a touch screen one. It’s ideal

Thank's, can it do the pointer sensor for navigating menus?

No - none can as far as I’m aware. You just use the direction pad to navigate

My turn to ask for some advice :D

I'm moving house on Tuesday and will be setting my B6 up in a dedicated TV room with a Dolby Atmos setup. However, Mrs C doesn't like surround sound (she didn't even like the pseudo-surround sound from my old Yamaha YSP-2500) so I'm trying to figure out how I can leave my Sonos Playbar connected for general day to day viewing, but use the surround setup when required.

Sonos will be connected via optical (with that being the only option) and the Denon amp via HDMI. I'm guessing I turn HDMI control off on the TV (to stop it automatically turning on the amp), and turn it on manually when I want to use it. Sound wise I'll need to mute the Sonos - but is that it, or do I need to do anything else?

I have the Harmony Companion as didn’t want a touch screen one. It’s ideal

Looks good but I would like just a remote with IR, the hub is not much use to me.
Seems the ultimate one can be used without the need of a hub.

The more I think about it, I really think the inability to passthrough Atmos / DD+ over arc is really poor for a 2016 OLED.
I never really done my research about this when I purchased the B6, but it is quite a bit rubbish really.
I hope LG implement it in a firmware update, if 2016 Sony sets can get it why can't LG do it. It's not like its a really new technology that came out in 2017 is it??

I'm moving house on Tuesday and will be setting my B6 up in a dedicated TV room with a Dolby Atmos setup. However, Mrs C doesn't like surround sound (she didn't even like the pseudo-surround sound from my old Yamaha YSP-2500) so I'm trying to figure out how I can leave my Sonos Playbar connected for general day to day viewing, but use the surround setup when required.

Sonos will be connected via optical (with that being the only option) and the Denon amp via HDMI. I'm guessing I turn HDMI control off on the TV (to stop it automatically turning on the amp), and turn it on manually when I want to use it. Sound wise I'll need to mute the Sonos - but is that it, or do I need to do anything else?

Can't you just set the amp to play stereo for the good lady? Surely the easiest option?

Can't you just set the amp to play stereo for the good lady? Surely the easiest option?

Probably, it’s still in the box at the mo - but I don’t recall seeing a button on the remote that would switch between the two. I love the woman, but she’s terrible with technology

Probably, it’s still in the box at the mo - but I don’t recall seeing a button on the remote that would switch between the two. I love the woman, but she’s terrible with technology

Lol, sounds just like my better half!

I've got a Denon and you can definitely change it to stereo, so at least the surrounds aren't active. There's not specific button. You just scroll through the available modes. You could probably even set it up to just play out of the centre if you wanted to. Have a play. I'm sure it's easier then the Sonos route.

Give him one word answers... [emoji6]

The more I think about it, I really think the inability to passthrough Atmos / DD+ over arc is really poor for a 2016 OLED.
I never really done my research about this when I purchased the B6, but it is quite a bit rubbish really.
I hope LG implement it in a firmware update, if 2016 Sony sets can get it why can't LG do it. It's not like its a really new technology that came out in 2017 is it??
My rule of thumb : never count on a smart tv for being upgrade and future proof. TV makers need to move units, the simplest way is to bring new features to new models. In the long run, a good uhd player / streamer will do a far better job than the native apps.
The only thing that goes against this is that even streaming services now pick and choose what feature goes on which device (dolby vision for some, dolby atmos for others, 4K for consoles, ...).

I'll take a picture of mine tonight and post it,
Previous to the update, these in sections with HDR enabled were pure black, now they are grey.
47a1d7ceb21516a10ac65445a04f6f1d.jpg
cbe36a42cbc66b8aecca0f59f68767a0.jpg
5791a4d9800628379efd32a1c50853dc.jpg

Last edited:
This image is with HDR switched off.
304e0b54c237b9457ced4723c58d9f6b.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom