LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

matteo4444

Novice Member
[QUOTE = "GlennTidbury, post: 25386887, membro: 771786"] Ancora una volta, c'è un intero thread circa trumotion .... Mi piacerebbe dare questo thread a leggere.
you post me this post thank?

Joe C

whitesnake11

Since I've had my calibration done I've wondered what will happen if a firmware update was applied, especially as some of the changes were made in the service menu to which I don't have access, so I enquired on the LG support page for the B6.
This is their reply:-

Thank you for your query regarding your OLED65B6V TV.

I have looked in to this for you and when a software update is installed on the TV it will wipe the current software and install the new software on a 'blank canvas' it will not install it over the top so it will be effectively resetting the TV. This would mean that the calibration settings are going to be lost, so if you were to perform the update I would strongly recommend making a note of the settings your TV has been calibrated to so you can change these back when the TV has been updated.

So best to avoid updates for me.
Having my C7 calibrated on 14/9, I'll ask whether that's correct or not. Owners who get a pro calibration wouldn't be happy if new firmware wiped out their calibrated settings after spending between £275-300.

whitesnake11

@pcaddy, I've been informed by Steve Kemp aka '********' who is calibrating my C7 that a firmware update does not wipe out calibrated settings therefore updating firmware is safe.

Last edited:

bromberg

With 05.30.03 and a Apple tv, which true motion settings do i want to use to get the 24p moviefeeling?
Any recommendations?

Dee1888

Still no update here in Belfast,wilp I keep automatic updates on?havent had an ota update from 04.31.10,I’m still on this!

kahlua

Still no update here in Belfast,wilp I keep automatic updates on?havent had an ota update from 04.31.10,I’m still on this!
just do it via usb,really easy.

learnToSwim

Standard Member
Anyone seen any news about the 05.30.03 update coming to the OLED65B6P models (US)?

I've been sluething threads but maybe not enough ;)

pcaddy

@pcaddy, I've been informed by Steve Kemp aka '********' who is calibrating my C7 that a firmware update does not wipe out calibrated settings therefore updating firmware is safe.

Thanks for that information. I just assumed that LG support would know, just goes to show you can't believe everything that they tell you. I've turned auto update back on now.
Anyway I've got all the settings that were made so I can redo if necessary.

gunner84

Distinguished Member

Seem's they have pulled 5.30.03 for the B6 or they just put it out in the wild for a short period to test it.

4.31.25 is the latest which can be downloaded to USB drive via LG website.

whitesnake11

bromberg

Wonder which on i've got, since my tv for the first time updated by it self.
My previoulsy version was maybe a russian i downloaded to a usb.
Maybe thats why it found an update.
Im from Denmark and otters havent got this firmware upgrade.
Odd

Restorer

Wonder which on i've got, since my tv for the first time updated by it self.
My previoulsy version was maybe a russian i downloaded to a usb.
Maybe thats why it found an update.
Im from Denmark and otters havent got this firmware upgrade.
Odd

Reassuring to know that LG's automatic update mechanisms are reasonably robust and look for a status report based on more than just the current version number.
Edit: btw I heard the otters would not be offered this update until all of the walruses had received it ;)

kahlua

strange theirs no mention of hlg for this fw,but a change in amazon hdr mode.

Restorer

Two vers of 05.30.03?
Not necessarily. But the files themselves are not identical. The Russian one did not come from an official support site but from that place where test versions get put out early so you always take a chance it could mess things up or have later changes.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 20th October 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
PSB announces M4U 8 MKII wireless headphone