Quantcast

LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 6

Spencem

Any tips on how best to set up an Amazon 4k fire stick? Does it need to go into a specific hdmi port to get 4k hdr?
thanks
It should work in any of the ports, just make sure you enable deep colour for that port in the TV menu.

Benji315

Noticed these last night when trying to watch some content, looks like a dirty stain and a new banding line have suddenly appeared.

Any advice? it's covered by RS 6 year warranty I believe but sadly it's the first flaw I've noticed in 3 years of ownership.

Attachments

Chop_Suey

Noticed these last night when trying to watch some content, looks like a dirty stain and a new banding line have suddenly appeared.

Any advice? it's covered by RS 6 year warranty I believe but sadly it's the first flaw I've noticed in 3 years of ownership.
Have you done a pixel refresh?

Stu1972

Hi all, I have a quick question for anyone else who is watching the crown on their b6 via the internal netflix app; although the info shows it as being in Dolby vision it flags up as hdr when i play it, anyone else noticed this? I've tested other DV shows & they are playing correctly, it's just the crown that isn't.
I've searched for any known problems but this issue hasn't come up.
Thanks in advance for any info/confirmation. Stu.

Spencem

Which season? I think the first two were only 4k and not DV. Netflix do this a lot with shows that got upgraded between seasons, showing the whole thing as DV when it is not.

Stu1972

Which season? I think the first two were only 4k and not DV. Netflix do this a lot with shows that got upgraded between seasons, showing the whole thing as DV when it is not.
Yeah, I should have said; it was season 3, however, I thought what you did so checked the 1st episode of each of the first two series & they are also hdr. So unless they've made one random episode DV & labelled the whole series as such, I'm still at a loss.
Stu.

Stirling1978

Hi all, I have a quick question for anyone else who is watching the crown on their b6 via the internal netflix app; although the info shows it as being in Dolby vision it flags up as hdr when i play it, anyone else noticed this? I've tested other DV shows & they are playing correctly, it's just the crown that isn't.
I've searched for any known problems but this issue hasn't come up.
Thanks in advance for any info/confirmation. Stu.
This happened with After Life, HDR on tv app but worked fine on my Apple TV In Dolby Vision.
That was due to a frame rate the LG app is unable to process in DV.

Stu1972

This happened with After Life, HDR on tv app but worked fine on my Apple TV In Dolby Vision.
That was due to a frame rate the LG app is unable to process in DV.
Ah, ok, that would explain it. I'll try popping in my roku to see if that makes a difference. Anywhere I can see frame rate info, specs, etc, for netflix programmes? I'll do a Google search.
Many thanks for the explanation, it was baffling me!
Stu.

adamcarvell

Been having screen drop outs recently on virgin v6 box the tv apps are ok. The screen goes black for a second frequently turn the tv off it seems to work switching channels doesn’t is it a faulty HDMI ?. Have recently put the tv on the wall tied all the cables together could the power cable interfere with HDMI ?. Have re seated the HDMI etc not tried different ports or HDMI cables yet.

dstjohn

Novice Member
Looking for help with an issue I'm having with my B6 and HDR blu-ray players. My first player was an LG UBK80, and my current player is a Sony UBP-X700. With both players, once the connected input on the TV has deep color turned on (requiring a restart of the TV), HDR content plays ok, but when I stop the disk playback and return to the player's home screen menu, the TV screen goes completely black, with the home screen menu becoming briefly visible every once in a while. I have to manually turn off deep color in the settings of the TV (requiring another restart) to restore my ability to view the player's home screen.

This makes watching the occasional HDR blu-ray a real PITA, and I'm struggling to believe that this is how it was intended to work. Has anyone else with an LG OLED experienced this? Is there a way to fix this?

Spencem

That's not how it is supposed to work at all. That sounds like a handshake problem between player and TV.
I'd try a different HDMI cable between blu-ray and TV, even if that cable worked fine before. Also try a different HDMI socket on the TV. Other than that it is possible the player has a fault.

dstjohn

Novice Member
I'd try a different HDMI cable between blu-ray and TV
This was the problem. I'm using a 30 ft cable. I swapped with a shorter one and the problem went away. Any advice about the best permanent fix? I see some crazy expensive cables out there, including fiber, but I also see repeaters for not-to-crazy amounts of money. Can I solve this problem with a repeater?

Spencem

30ft is long for an HDMI cable, especially a premium certified one. Not my area of expertise, but so long as the repeater is premium certified and the 2 cables either side of it are I don't see why it wouldn't work. I don't think you'll get it to work with your current 30' cable, you'll need to get 2 shorter ones and put the repeater between them.

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
I don't believe certified cables at that length exist or are genuine, 5M is I think the longest.

Stop messing around with multiple cables and repeaters and so forth, invest in a Fibre Optic HDMI cable and never worry about cable issues again.

puremind2000

gunner84

Noticed that there is a new update available on the LG website (05.30.85) that was released yesterday LG OLED65B6V Product Support :Manuals, Warranty & More | LG U.K.
I updated from 5.30.65 yesterday, all ok here.

Seems quite minor change log. Any adopter can bring some light over Black levels? I am still with v4 :)

Detailed applicable model list : Please check with reference Tab exactly
* SW information
1. Improvement
1) Add HEVC logo to user guide
After being on V5 for some time now, I really don't worry or think about this black glow anymore, I hardly ever notice it, 99.9% of the time blacks are black.

L30Z3N

If you like watch movies in a pitch black room or with low lights in the night, try "Mad Max Fury Road" HDR and tell us if you see perfect blacks in this movie (starting).... Thanks..

puremind2000

If you like watch movies in a pitch black room or with low lights in the night, try "Mad Max Fury Road" HDR and tell us if you see perfect blacks in this movie (starting).... Thanks..
I want to know this. Perfect blacks on a pitch black room? Anyone please?

Facelessone

Standard Member
I want to know this. Perfect blacks on a pitch black room? Anyone please?
Nope. Black glow is still there like with all 5. firmwares. Doesn't bother me so much anymore. Only in hdr it's easily visible in dark room which is the only downside with this set. And the lack of hdr with youtube inbuilt app.