LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help guys, looks way better already! Can see me fiddling with it a bit though :)

Stunning PQ.

Hi All,

Looking to purchase the LG OLED but really wanted the 65 inch which I feel is a bit over priced compared to the 55 inch. The question I have is how far is everyone sitting to watch the 55 inch version...I will be about 10 feet away from the TV. Is 55 inch no no at that distance as most online articles recommend about 65 inch...would like to know peoples opinion before biting the bullet :)

Thanks

Apparently you wont see the difference between 4K and 1080p at that distance. I'm sceptical about that myself like.

In any case, if I was going to watch a 4k movie i'd movie the chairs up close anyway. Would anyone else?

Can see some noise in backgrounds of some blu-rays, maybe that's just the natural grain in the image, just seems more noticeable than I had from my plasma.

After owning a B6 for a couple of months now, I finally managed to get Canary Jules over to calibrate my screen today - top bloke and he's done a terrific job.

Spent the evening watching a variety of stuff taking me from Albuquerque to Westeros via the bake-off kitchen, and it's all looked impeccably natural; like looking through a window at times. Just taken these images of whatever's on BBC2 now - nothing fancy, not tried to make it look special or pick any scenes in particular, but it still looks amazing. I do love this TV.

IMG_3540.JPG
IMG_3541.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG

So it's worth it calibration the screen?How much he charged you?

Morning guys, my apologies if this has been discussed previously but I am looking for some advice without having to read back through 1000+ pages!

For the last couple of days, when watching sky tv, the TV screen has gone blank and thrown up the message "no input signal" or words to that effect. On Monday, for example, it must have done it 2 dozen times. Last night it did it 3 times. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is to turn everything off and then back on again. This only seems to happen with Sky Q and not with any other source.

Is this a sky Q issue, a receiver issue or a TV issue? Anyone else had similar?

Set up as follows: all sources (including Sky Q) into AV receiver - AV receiver into LG B6. Note, this has only happened since I got the B6, it never happened with my previous LED TV.

Thanks guys.

Morning guys, my apologies if this has been discussed previously but I am looking for some advice without having to read back through 1000+ pages!

For the last couple of days, when watching sky tv, the TV screen has gone blank and thrown up the message "no input signal" or words to that effect. On Monday, for example, it must have done it 2 dozen times. Last night it did it 3 times. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is to turn everything off and then back on again. This only seems to happen with Sky Q and not with any other source.

Set up as follows: all sources (including Sky Q) into AV receiver - AV receiver into LG B6. Note, this has only happened since I got the B6, it never happened with my previous LED TV.

Thanks guys.

Try plugging the Sky box straight into the TV and using ARC to carry the audio signal back to the TV - if it's still happening then, try changing cables

Thanks guys.

What receiver have you got.
I get the issue sometimes on start up, but turning sky q off and back on usually fixes it.
I have a Denon x2300.

Try plugging the Sky box straight into the TV and using ARC to carry the audio signal back to the TV - if it's still happening then, try changing cables

I've got a couple of new cables, including the one that came with the Sky Q, ill given that a try first, thanks.

What receiver have you got.
I get the issue sometimes on start up, but turning sky q off and back on usually fixes it.
I have a Denon x2300.

Currently using Marantz SR6007, but taking delivery of an SR6011 today, so I will see if the problem persists with the new AVR.

The main reason for the post was to see if anyone else had had similar problems. Thanks for the input guys.

Puzzled last night, thought I got everything working ok, watched a TV series episode (on BD) and detected some odd motion effects even though I'd switched it all off.

Very odd, and part of me is still unsure whether I did the right thing upgrading.

Puzzled last night, thought I got everything working ok, watched a TV series episode (on BD) and detected some odd motion effects even though I'd switched it all off.

Very odd, and part of me is still unsure whether I did the right thing upgrading.

Did you switch it off for every input?

Yes, it was on the bright room setting double checked to make sure tru motion was off (it was).

Maybe it was my eyes just looking for something wrong.

Still finding a lot of grain in background on all Blu rays, maybe this is natural film grain but it does seem more noisy than I expected.

Yes, it was on the bright room setting double checked to make sure tru motion was off (it was).

Still finding a lot of grain in background on all Blu rays, maybe this is natural film grain but it does seem more noisy than I expected.

Noticed this as well with quite a bit of content, think its how its filmed though.

Have you got Netflix 4k, try some shows on there like Chef's Table, crystal clear HDR.

Also there is some links in this thread somewhere with HDR demo material you can put on USB to stick, looks superb.

I don't have Netflix, if anyone cab post the links to the 4K demo stuff to save be going through all the threads that would be a great help.

Take you just plug it into the slot at the back of the set?

After owning a B6 for a couple of months now, I finally managed to get Canary Jules over to calibrate my screen today - top bloke and he's done a terrific job.

Spent the evening watching a variety of stuff taking me from Albuquerque to Westeros via the bake-off kitchen, and it's all looked impeccably natural; like looking through a window at times. Just taken these images of whatever's on BBC2 now - nothing fancy, not tried to make it look special or pick any scenes in particular, but it still looks amazing. I do love this TV.

View attachment 857122View attachment 857123View attachment 857124

What resolution are those?

I've had this set since march, I read all the AVForums threads before committing to it. Took me a while and I forget some info along the way but I'm glad I did the research. The film grain is one thing I expected, as the set emphasises any good (or bad) points about a signal or broadcast. Marvel's Iron Fist on Netflix was terrible, you'd hate it [emoji1]

Video games show this tv off best, a 4K signal with a good 60fps title make for a great reason to own the set. Some complain about the input lag or dimming but I've had no issues and no regrets here.

Got a Sony X800 4K Ultra HD player today
Hi, have Sony updated this to use Dolby Vision yet do you know? I'm interested in it if they have and would welcome any comments you have on picture/sound quality as well as ageneral speed

Thanks

-Mat

I don't have Netflix, if anyone cab post the links to the 4K demo stuff to save be going through all the threads that would be a great help.

Take you just plug it into the slot at the back of the set?

Here you go, third one along (jazz)(HDR10) is very good.

http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hdr

Just stick the file onto a USB drive and go to video and photos tab on the LG.

Anyone get colour banding?

Its not an issue with most stuff, but I noticed it a bit in certain scenes on House of Cards on Netflix 4k.
I dont think season 1 of house of cards is actually true 4k, but still.

Im pretty sure its just the content, most noticeable with sky shots.

Anyone get colour banding?

Its not an issue with most stuff, but I noticed it a bit in certain scenes on House of Cards on Netflix 4k.
I dont think season 1 of house of cards is actually true 4k, but still.

Im pretty sure its just the content, most noticeable with sky shots.

I see the gradients of colour on the sky in Hitman The Complete first season (ps4) and on a couple YouTube channels on specific video segments. It's nowhere near as noticeable as it was on my last tv, It doesn't stand out if that makes sense. Finer gradients not thicker bands like I had before.

I see the gradients of colour on the sky in Hitman The Complete first season (ps4) and on a couple YouTube channels on specific video segments. It's nowhere near as noticeable as it was on my last tv, It doesn't stand out if that makes sense. Finer gradients not thicker bands like I had before.

I guess its just the content then, I don't get it on everything.

I don't mind film grain just wasn't expecting to see so much of it.

I'm not a gamer, films/tv are my thing. I'll take another look when I get home and see if it was just my eyes looking for something that wasn't there. Early days of course I just hope I won't regret the decision to get this set.

If you see more grains than you expected, it is only because the TV can show more details than you are used to.

Plus all video is compressed to a degree so artifacts are more visible than before. Tweaks to settings can minimise that though.

I don't mind film grain just wasn't expecting to see so much of it.
It's a known thing / 'addition' with these. If you look at Home Theater Geeks 344 LG OLED TV Review | TWiT.TV (the reviewer from avsforum heads it). Although its about the new 7 range, they discuss the grain and 'psuedo grain' for some discs that they believe producers/directors appear to be adding along with old discs that had it. And note how some sets i.e. plasmas / players would mask this but not OLEDs. In fact one of the reviewers states how he keeps his plasma for some older discs as it handles, particularly, older material more gently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom