LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Limey

Reaction score
j30zeC.jpg

This is a continuation of the LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion thread from here:
LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 4

Site Review:
LG B6 (OLED55B6V) UHD 4K TV Review

And let's hope part 5 soon finds us with the new firmware and HLG after that

Well almost pressed buy half a dozen times last week on a 55" but still not 100% convinced

I want to replace my hu8500 which I have never been 100 percent happy

So, I guess the question is, if you where to buy again would you ? Or would you wait for the new coming soon models ?

I know that new models will come with new price, so ask the question with that in mind and being prepared to pay the extra, if warranted.

Well almost pressed buy half a dozen times last week on a 55" but still not 100% convinced

So, I guess the question is, if you where to buy again would you ? Or would you wait for the new coming soon models ?

I know that new models will come with new price, so ask the question with that in mind and being prepared to pay the extra, if warranted.
I would say there's never been a better time to pick up the B6, for the current prices that are knocking around you're getting a LOT of TV for your money! The only thing I'd be tempted to do in your situation is see if the price drops further with the introduction of the new range, but then its a gamble of price drop vs availability.

I replaced a JS9000 with my B6 in May when they were full price and don't regret it in the slightest. If I did it now when it's the best part of a grand cheaper I'd probably still be trying to pick my jaw off the floor

When are we gonna get HDR gaming mode? US TV model has it already, when will it come to the UK?
Can you actually install US update on the TV?

Cheers.
What, if anything, do / will the new sets offer ?

And is gaming lag now sorted for HDR gaming ?

Firmware will be here soon

When are we gonna get HDR gaming mode? US TV model has it already, when will it come to the UK?
Can you actually install US update on the TV?
6 posts it took :rotfl:

Be patient, it's coming, it'll be released when LG feel it meets their UK releasable standards.

I replaced a JS9000 with my B6 in May when they were full price and don't regret it in the slightest. If I did it now when it's the best part of a grand cheaper I'd probably still be trying to pick my jaw off the floor

That you have come from a model "higher" than mine makes think even more about getting it

Do you game ?

That you have come from a model "higher" than mine makes think even more about getting it

Do you game ?

Casually - have an original Xbox One (Day One edition in fact) and mainly play CoD, Halo and Destiny type games, don't do online gaming much, and have never had an issue

I am wondering if the firmware delay is related to the B6 using a different chipset to the others in the range (realtek I believe) and that is what is causing the delay. That and the localisation requirements for the Europe.

As soon as the update is released and all is ok I will be purchasing a 55 B6.

Having tried both HDR and Dolby Vision on this set, I have to say HDR has always worked perfectly, and Dolby has been troublesome. Dolby often introduces flashing skies and inverted colours. I don't think I've watched one Dolby programme that I didn't need to shut down and restart. I wish I could disable it. Are other users finding the same?

I am wondering if the firmware delay is related to the B6 using a different chipset to the others in the range (realtek I believe) and that is what is causing the delay. That and the localisation requirements for the Europe.

As soon as the update is released and all is ok I will be purchasing a 55 B6.

The US one uses the same chipset as the B6 here. It will just be the localisation and testing

Having tried both HDR and Dolby Vision on this set, I have to say HDR has always worked perfectly, and Dolby has been troublesome. Dolby often introduces flashing skies and inverted colours. I don't think I've watched one Dolby programme that I didn't need to shut down and restart. I wish I could disable it. Are other users finding the same?
I've had similar problems with Netflix Dolby vision here and there, but as Netflix is my only source of Dolby Vision it's hard to determine the problem.

Could be a netflix issue,
Could be a DV info being streamed issue,
Or even a combination of both!

any dolby vision demo's i can download and stick on USB and play off the default player ?

Thanks

Love the B6, had it for a couple of months now. The one single thing I want to see in a firmware upgrade is the possibility to mix cable and satellite channels in the favourite list, and an easy way to switch between the two. The way that is set up currently is extremely backwards. I guess LG expects you to use cable OR satellite, not both... Anybody else ticked off by this?

I seem to be getting a lot of downvoting etc. on here, But LG may have a representative who reads forums and if nobody says anything then they are less likely to improve it, ok if they do not add BFI then they could at least make the motion consistent across all sources, for example I logged into amazon prime video last night, everything I watched on there stuttered, even with trumotion OFF, so that makes amazon prime unusable.. netflix is generally better and freeview it depends on what channel / programme is on. I admit I have repeated myself too many times so I apologise for that :rotfl:

Last edited:
I seem to be getting a lot of downvoting etc. on here, But LG may have a representative who reads forums and if nobody says anything then they are less likely to improve it, ok if they do not add BFI then they could at least make the motion consistent across all sources, for example I logged into amazon prime video last night, everything I watched on there stuttered, even with trumotion OFF, so that makes amazon prime unusable.. netflix is generally better and freeview it depends on what channel / programme is on. I admit I have repeated myself too many times so I apologise for that :rotfl:
I haven't experienced any of the issues you've described.

That said, I didn't think you owned a B6? Only recently you were asking opinions when comparing to other models? Have you pulled the trigger on one?

Can anyone confirm the B6 only has a single tuner. So you can't record one channel and watch another at the same time. I heard the E6 has twin tuners So it's possible on the E6. Is that correct?

Also, Is there a way to know what format the sound is using on the internal speaker (i.e dolby digital, DTS, AAC etc). I have an LG sound bar and if you press the info button it shows the type of audio stream on the display.

Would just like to add that when this TV "likes" the source and is working well, the image quality is amazing, also for games it looks incredibly good, which is why the motion bothers me because I do not want to "resort" to an LCD just because of that.

I use Amazon Prime a lot, as we're ploughing through Parks and Recreation as well as watching The Grand Tour, and can honestly say we don't have that issue at all

I haven't experienced any of the issues you've described.

That said, I didn't think you owned a B6? Only recently you were asking opinions when comparing to other models? Have you pulled the trigger on one?

Yes can you watch amazon prime without stuttering? Last night I tried to watch 3 things and they were all stuttering, could have been internet possibly I will try again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom