LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to tolerate pictures like this on your B6?

I'm not sure if quite that bad, but occasionally yes, something similar. In some dark scenes on GoT or certain parts of Billions and to a lessor extent at other times. Unfortunately this technology from LG makes poor/low bandwidth content look far worse than other technologies, you have to decide whether you can put up with that against the many positives.

However, I had Sky Q installed at the weekend, the live 4K footie looked very good, 4K MI Rouge Nation (EDIT: Ha ha, should be "Rogue Nation", but Rouge Nation could be a good title!) was good (though a little grainy - but probably in the source), Blacklist UHD has predominantly looked, although I was very disappointed to get some dancing pixels in a couple of dimly lit scenes.

I seriously don't have any issues with my settings that have been expressed here. What you see is what you get. I have no black issues, my screen is uniform apart from a slight push darker towards centre on 100% white and no bands. My ONLY issue with this TV is skipping....

I get random jumps in picture as if a frame or two goes missing. I'm watching on built in tuners (both sat and free view)
I have motion in off and it still does it. ... Interestingly only when the TV has been "used" - by this I mean jumping into inputs, settings or web OS. If I switch it on and watch, noting. I have yet to see this on inputs. But have seen the same issue on built in apps which suggest to me it's processing related.

Anyone else have this???

@late8 - yes, this can happen when you change picture modes, it's buggy and disappointing LG have yet to address, if it is happening, you can change the input and back again and that normally clears it.

The issue I have been harping on about though is different as the same thing happens, but to a lesser extent with 24fps UHD HDR discs, but there is apparently nothing that can be done at the moment to get rid of it.

Those are scenes from Versailles series 1, episode 4, 41 minutes onwards. That was what my recently returned 950v displayed. Those are near black issues, right?

If it's not too inconvenient, could you or anyone else please show me what near black issues look like on the B6?
That is quite normal, in near black scenes, especiually on heavily compressed sources. Oled shines with blurays, not with low quality streaming

I seriously don't have any issues with my settings that have been expressed here. What you see is what you get. I have no black issues, my screen is uniform apart from a slight push darker towards centre on 100% white and no bands. My ONLY issue with this TV is skipping....

I get random jumps in picture as if a frame or two goes missing. I'm watching on built in tuners (both sat and free view)
I have motion in off and it still does it. ... Interestingly only when the TV has been "used" - by this I mean jumping into inputs, settings or web OS. If I switch it on and watch, noting. I have yet to see this on inputs. But have seen the same issue on built in apps which suggest to me it's processing related.

Anyone else have this???
I only experience this issue when watching freeview, it doesn't happen with the apps, when gaming or when watching Blu-ray.

I'm not sure if quite that bad, but occasionally yes, something similar. In some dark scenes on GoT or certain parts of Billions and to a lessor extent at other times. Unfortunately this technology from LG makes poor/low bandwidth content look far worse than other technologies, you have to decide whether you can put up with that against the many positives.

However, I had Sky Q installed at the weekend, the live 4K footie looked very good, 4K MI Rouge Nation (EDIT: Ha ha, should be "Rogue Nation", but Rouge Nation could be a good title!) was good (though a little grainy - but probably in the source), Blacklist UHD has predominantly looked, although I was very disappointed to get some dancing pixels in a couple of dimly lit scenes.

@late8 - yes, this can happen when you change picture modes, it's buggy and disappointing LG have yet to address, if it is happening, you can change the input and back again and that normally clears it.

The issue I have been harping on about though is different as the same thing happens, but to a lesser extent with 24fps UHD HDR discs, but there is apparently nothing that can be done at the moment to get rid of it.
Watching a Blu-ray last night was nice but yet to try 4k her content. Is there any way to let of know of these issues?

Hi guys,
just checking if there has been any software updates for the B6 as i am still on 03.17.06
saarnold

Hi,

when using the webOS apps for Amazon Prime or Netflix on my B6 I sometimes have to change picture format settings from 16:9 to Original or the other way round to have full picture.
Otherwise it zooms in and does not show everything...

Experienced same and how to overcome? Just scan now deactivate but did not help a lot...

Hi,

when using the webOS apps for Amazon Prime or Netflix on my B6 I sometimes have to change picture format settings from 16:9 to Original or the other way round to have full picture.

Experienced same and how to overcome? Just scan now deactivate but did not help a lot...
How can you tell when that happens? I mean, how do you know if pic is slightly zoomed in on content you've never seen before?

How can you tell when that happens? I mean, how do you know if pic is slightly zoomed in on content you've never seen before?

Picture does not look sharp and/or I do not see black bars on bottom for example (eg House of Cards)

These streaming apps usually start with lower resolution and this happens when they change to higher one first time...

Purchased the 55 inch B6 and while the picture quality was perfect I too encountered the frame skipping/stuttering issues, especially when playing back 4k HDR 24p Bluray content. Exchanged the 55 for the 65 just in case I got a bad set (and cause I realized I wanted to go bigger) and sadly the same problem occurs on the new one. Tried 2 different bluray players (Xbox One S and Philips), different hdmi cables/ports, firmware updates, nothing resolves it. So my assessment is that the processor in the b6 can't keep up with the high data stream of 4k Bluray content.

Hi,

Just leave it in Original surely?

Just purchased the 65 inch B6 from John Lewis which is £3799 but got them to price match it down to £3429,

After reading this thread and reviews on it, I am beyond excited to get it

Hi,

Where is the just scan setting?

Just purchased the 65 inch B6 from John Lewis which is £3799 but got them to price match it down to £3429,

After reading this thread and reviews on it, I am beyond excited to get it

Who was this price matched against?

There is no just scan setting

Might depend on what you are watching. From memory the in-built apps don't have just-scan whereas connected devices do.

There is no just scan setting
Yes. If you click on Aspect Ratio you will see down at the bottom what looks like a pink switch that you can move left or right. If you move it to the left with the magig remote it will zoom in some and crop some of the edges, and if you move it to the right it will make the entire picture fit the screen without cropping it

Is real cinema enabled? Have you tried to set the output of the BR player at 24hz/fps.

I've had issues with 60fps outputs trying to play 24fps content causing some stuttering. Configuring my nvidia shield hdmi to 24fps seems to have helped a lot and allowed me to enable real cinema.

Anyone watched Suffragette on Sky Q decent watch , but a awful PQ take your pick on what is wrong with it .

Yes. If you click on Aspect Ratio you will see down at the bottom what looks like a pink switch that you can move left or right. If you move it to the left with the magig remote it will zoom in some and crop some of the edges, and if you move it to the right it will make the entire picture fit the screen without cropping it
You are correct ,please accept my humble apologies:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom