LG B6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tried warm 2 over the years on lcd tv's it looked so alien after years of using standard settings could never get used to it so when I bought a B6 I was determined to give it time and be patient and now I love warm 2 now greens for instance actually look green and natural and life like. Warm 2 looks better with Steve's settings in video review with a few minor tweaks in oled light and brightness the colours just look a bit better than default.
Same happened to me...At first I read all the reviews suggesting that 'Warm 2 is the most accurate color temp out of the box' and I thought they were wrong or my set was faulty, but once you watch some content with lots of green like the matrix you quickly realize that any cooler temperature looks 'anemic' for lack of better words.
I also checked color temperature on other TVs and projectors and they all matched. Pure white has a yellowish tone to it, whereas what we think is pure white is really white mixed with a hint of blue...
By the way, did you know that many cleaning products have blue dye in their stuff so that white clothes look cleaner after washing? ;)

That's strange
My near blacks are a world apart from my 950
Mine are worse .. though I do not watch it ( obviously some for reference ) but Poldark is a right old mess , especially the dimly lit scenes with the Orange glow from the fires .

Well, I did a factory reset and so far my noisy electrical buzzing sound seems to have gone.

I'll run it in a bit and see if it comes back, I usually just put it into standby and take it back out again, so it could be that I am seeing an issue related to doing that.

I spoke too soon it came back again.

I powered TV off at the wall and then back on again, and can't get it to do it anymore.

I'll leave it in standby for a bit and see what's what later on... this problem literally makes no sense :(

Mine are worse .. though I do not watch it ( obviously some for reference ) but Poldark is a right old mess , especially the dimly lit scenes with the Orange glow from the fires .
That's a shame. The Bs and Es difference is noticeable then

Just watched Anthropoid very good movie and the gritty,grain and soft look on the picture from the movie love it just love.

Just watched Anthropoid very good movie and the gritty,grain and soft look on the picture from the movie love it just love.
Ever seen the Imitation Game? It is also a WWII related movie. I get it on Netflix at the moment...Looks superb and the recreation of 1940s era looks amazing on Oled

Ever seen the Imitation Game? It is also a WWII related movie. I get it on Netflix at the moment...Looks superb and the recreation of 1940s era looks amazing on Oled
not seen it.thx for tip.its not on netflix here in norway.

Any news on vincent with the new firmware.

just found the link.yea i think its a new firmware that we dont know anything about.

Vincent Teoh on Twitter

could be wrong.

I think he is just referring to the article I linked to. He was just mistaken about it not being out for the public yet. Actually he confirms the software version in a later tweet. No new secret firmware unfortunately.

i see from his PQ tracking that he has some what about 500nits and with oled light on HDR 100 its almost at 600nits or luminance.so do should we turn down the oled light on HDR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else notice that the image quality on the in-built apps differs pretty massively from image quality via attached hardware? e.g. with exactly the same picture settings, the TV's Netflix app looks completely different from the Roku's Netflix app. Any idea why they look so different? Any easy way to get them looking the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom