LG announces a new Full HD OLED TV for 2017

DocLivingstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

In this polish site (thanks to hristoslav2 for posting this new in a spanish forum)

Traductor de Google

they say that LG is going to release a new FULL HD OLED TV model this year (to replace the 2015 old model EG910V).

I don't know what is the realiability of that site but if what they say it's true it would be great news

Have anybody heard or seen anything about that? Are there any other source that can confirm that news?

Thank you

Finally rumours has been confirmed.. There will be a new LG OLED Full HD model this year, the 55EG9A7V !

Traductor de Google

Listed in LG Official Portuguese website
LG 55EG9A7V | LG Electronics PT
(it is also included in LG's russian and Czech websites)

At this moment there is few information about it. It's flat, it uses the last generation panel but nothing about HDR feature or WebOS3.5. Price about 1.600 €

Let's hope the LG Portugal site is incorrect with the WebOS 2.0 - everything else LG that even has the Web OS this year seems to be WebOS 3.5...

If this new OLED FullHD panel has the same characteristics than its 4K panel siblings from 2017 (B7, C7, ...) i.e. better near black gradation and uniformity, no tints or vignetting, better ABL, etc I think this TV model would be a very interesting option versus 4K competition from LEDs of similar price (even in absence of HDR) and substantial improvement in respect of 2015 EG910V OLED FullHD model

Last edited:
LG Display has to sell something like 1.6 million OLED panels this year - I think I read LGD estimated 300k/quarter for first half of 2017 and 500k/quarter for second half of 2017 - without LGE undercutting their other customers' 4k OLEDs *too* much. So maybe this is an attempt to recreate the "budget" OLED category... sub-1000€ Full HD OLEDs on Black Friday, here we come?

Interesting - price I have seen on a few online shops is €1,799 which is B6 territory.

So as it stands too expensive for anybody to even consider whilst the 2016 models are still available and until they drop the price to nearer £1k.

It will be interesting to compare the 1080p picture of this 7th gen panel vs the 2160p 6 and 7. I'd like to know from my 4m viewing distance whether I need the extra resolution or not.

My suspicion is not....

Last edited:
I found the screen-door effect absolutely unbearable on the 1080p OLEDs. The 4k screen gives a much easier to watch image, regardless of the resolution of the content you are feeding it.

The TV is now listed at my local Media Markt for 2075 GBP

Screenshot 2017-05-16 17.54.50.png

So Odd a 1080p B6 looking Lg Oled o_O

Remind me how much this tv will cost when launched in the UK? I'm assuming it will be cheaper than the 4k models and seeing as only the main Sky box can output 4k, a 1080p tv would suffice for the every room other than the main one, (in our home).

Hi
now € 1500

atractive alternative vs TFT-LCD(old-tech LCD TVs even "4K"!) if you will still love and
watch SD&HD contents!

at least new tech-OLED!!

hereafter I'm not willing to buy "LCD" even a lot of money(not worthy too)

Bye++

I have a suspicion that producing a 1080p OLED isn't much cheaper than producing a 2160p OLED? Am I wrong!?

this tv should not be sold more than 1200 euros ! is LG mad for selling a 1080p 2015 panel the same price as their 4K HDR models ?!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

this model is sold a fortune in the middle east and north africa...too !

if price stays up...don't bother ! LG will announce a new generation OLED at CES 2017. with hdmi 2.1 probably !

Hi everyone, I'm from middle east. Am totally confused to whether go with this FHD oled or Sony x850e which is an upper midrange 4k led. Based on my Google searches this new oled is actually a flat eg910t which is a well known model from 2015. They both cost almost the same here.
My most important factors:
- Best possible HD and SD picture quality in both dark and bright living room.
- wide viewing angle
- support for latest video formats and codes including 4k videos through USB. (oled model doesn't have USB 3 unfortunately)
- good motion handling for sports and action movies
Things that I won't do with this tv: gaming, using as pc monitor
Am looking for 55 inch and will be sitting almost 2 meters from the TV, and want to keep this TV for at least 6-7 yrs

Please help me as I really don't know which one to choose..

Thank you in advance :)

IMHO
at 2 meters you might see the pixels on the FHD on lg
being FHD you cant watch 4K content lg
so in your case either go with lg oled c7 55 inch or the Sony

IMHO
at 2 meters you might see the pixels on the FHD on lg
being FHD you cant watch 4K content lg
so in your case either go with lg oled c7 55 inch or the Sony

Many thanks for your response, i cant afford the 4k oleds as their cheapest one "B6" is 30% more expensive than EG9A7. i just dont know how noticable will be the difference between picture quality of sony EX850 and EG9A7 when watching FHD content and satellite channels. by the way did you mean to say the LG OLED will not downscale 4k contents to FHD?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom