LG and Harmony remote...HELP!.

Henrik67

I had a Samsung tv with Harmony touch (N-R0006), all was good. I assigned tv, tivo, firestick, netflix and tv smart hub all onto remote with old logitech software, no problem.

Now i have a LG tv trying to set up the same with new harmony desktop app........i have achieved nothing it's far too complicated. I've got the tv going but nothing for everything else.

can anyone help or got an idiots guide to adding devices and activities??

next010

Distinguished Member
The harmony product line has been discontinued and the Logitech desktop software you mention is not new, that's the last version of it I'm afraid.

You can watch a basic tutorial here, it should be straight forward, add devices then add activities based on the devices and tweak them as needed then sync to transfer to the remote.

You will also need to turn off LG Simplink which is HDMI-CEC that will interfere with the harmony sending IR commands.

Alternatively use the LG Magic remote with Simplink as a replacement for the harmony, it wont do everything the harmony can but it can cover the basics.

Henrik67

The harmony product line has been discontinued and the Logitech desktop software you mention is not new, that's the last version of it I'm afraid.

You can watch a basic tutorial here, it should be straight forward, add devices then add activities based on the devices and tweak them as needed then sync to transfer to the remote.

You will also need to turn off LG Simplink which is HDMI-CEC that will interfere with the harmony sending IR commands.

Alternatively use the LG Magic remote with Simplink as a replacement for the harmony, it wont do everything the harmony can but it can cover the basics.
Many thanks will give it a go.

Henrik67

It's this app i can't figure out.
1649317771579.png

Henrik67

Tried your suggestion...no luck. I can get the TV up on harmony and it changes channels on screen touch, i've added the firestick too but it wont switch to firestick when i touch the screen.

next010

Distinguished Member
I dont know what app that is looks like mac/ios version, if you have a PC I would recommend using the windows desktop myharmony software.

You have to fine tune the input controls on the device that is the TV in harmony software, it must support direct inputs so the harmony can send input HDMI1, HDMI2 etc instead of calling up a menu or cycling through inputs, that is typically the problem if it doesn't switch inputs in the activity.

Henrik67

Thanks....used the pc app version and got tv and netflix added and working but for firestick it says 'this harmony remote is unable to control this device this device does not have an IR receiver'
which is odd as with samsung tv it worked a treat!.
Any thoughts.

Joe C

Distinguished Member

Sorry, but the bolder bit is incorrect. You still need Simplink turned on to get eARC/ARC from the internal apps.

I have it switched on and use my Harmony with my LG tv without issue

next010

Distinguished Member
Sorry, but the bolder bit is incorrect. You still need Simplink turned on to get eARC/ARC from the internal apps.

I have it switched on and use my Harmony with my LG tv without issue

Well the OP isn't using ARC and harmony activities can interfere with various CEC systems, it depends on your tech level in making it work so the IR commands don't conflict with CEC, I've had them clash with many products over the years.

Thanks....used the pc app version and got tv and netflix added and working but for firestick it says 'this harmony remote is unable to control this device this device does not have an IR receiver'
which is odd as with samsung tv it worked a treat!.
Any thoughts.

Various Firestick models use bluetooth remotes and HDMI-CEC when connected to the TV.

So one possible scenario is that the Samsung TV had its CEC (anynet+) enabled and when operating the harmony it uses the TV's stock CEC commands.

So if you have disabled Simplink on the LG TV your going to have to enable it again to get the Firestick to be controlled and have the activity use the TV as the remote for the Firestick.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom