LG 86 Nano question

SDK2020

Novice Member
Hi - I have a question relating the LG Nano 86 screen.

Does anyone with this display know if G-Sync works on this TV please?
I know it's not officially listed in the supported specs, but it seems sometimes screens that have Freesync also support G-Sync.

next010

Distinguished Member
It does but not formally certified, it shares the same display chipset as other LG gsync certified models.

Nvidia implement support for HDMI-VRR as G-Sync Compatible mode, that's whats being used.

Only the GTX-16xx, RTX-2xxx and RTX-3xxx series GPU's support gsync over HDMI.

SDK2020

Novice Member
It does but not formally certified, it shares the same display chipset as other LG gsync certified models.

Nvidia implement support for HDMI-VRR as G-Sync Compatible mode, that's whats being used.

Only the GTX-16xx, RTX-2xxx and RTX-3xxx series GPU's support gsync over HDMI.
Thanks, just what I wanted to hear.
I have a 3070 and was hoping it would work with this display.

My boy will be happy at Xmas - a new Gaming PC and PS5 all working on a single screen in his room :)

I too am looking at this Nano 86 TV from LG also and just out of curiosity where are you buying ti from, I was on Curry's last night and it was £1 shy of £3.5K and I nearly collapsed :D

Just curious if there is a better price for this anywhere else? I am looking on web but looks similarly priced.

SDK2020

Novice Member
I too am looking at this Nano 86 TV from LG also and just out of curiosity where are you buying ti from, I was on Curry's last night and it was £1 shy of £3.5K and I nearly collapsed :D

Just curious if there is a better price for this anywhere else? I am looking on web but looks similarly priced.
Hi - I'm looking at the LG Nano86 49" model which is about £700. It's a for a bedroom and I don't need any larger.

Hi - I'm looking at the LG Nano86 49" model which is about £700. It's a for a bedroom and I don't need any larger.
hahaha and LOL! I was laughing a that earlier when I seen your post thinking how things have changed since I were a lad. I thought you were getting an 86" telly for a kids room.... My jaw nearly hit the floor :D However that all makes much more perfect sense now :D

SDK2020

Novice Member
hahaha and LOL! I was laughing a that earlier when I seen your post thinking how things have changed since I were a lad. I thought you were getting an 86" telly for a kids room.... My jaw nearly hit the floor :D However that all makes much more perfect sense now :D
:)
Funny you mention times.
Our upstairs 55" Samsung just died which he was using for PS4 ,so as a quick replacement I gave him a spare Samsung 32". Should have seen his face "that's a bit small" 🤩
I then went on to explain how 'In my day' we were lucky to have 14" fish bowl screens to use with our 8/16 bit consoles :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom