lg 850

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ataribaby, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ataribaby

ataribaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i purchased a samsung d850 on saturday,have set it up using hdmi, run an optical lead to my amp, and it keeps coming up with a message on my screen (i have a pioneer plasma 436 xde) hdmi audio not supported! not quite sure what the problem is any ideas many thanks
    paul :confused:

2. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    A stupid "feature" of some Samsung DVD players. It means that your TV doesn't accept digital sound input via HDMI

There're 2 solutions:

- Setting the sound from Bitstream to PCM, but that disables Dolby Digital 5.1
    - Setting message OFF in the display menu every time the DVD is switched on (another "great feature", message is always ON everytime the DVD is switched on)

3. ataribaby

ataribaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks for that so am i to assume that this pioneer 436 xde does not accept 5.1 audio from the said hdmi cable? bit dissapointed if this is the case!! do any tv's accept multi audio through the hdmi socket? a bit confused by it all!!!! :confused: :confused:

4. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    You should not, neither does my tv. Blame it on the player, the message is unnecessary, as you're using an extenal amp.