LG 83 C1 mounting height

paulb33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my wall mounted 2017 Samsung 65” to LG’s 77” G1 or the 83” C1. One factor, is that I’m restricted on the mounting height so the centre of the panel would be 1.6m from the floor.

I know there’s a school of thought that the screen should be level with the eyes….but we tend to recline when watching TV and the sofas are quite distant: 2.5-4.5m. Eyes about 1m off the floor.

The mounting height has never previously posed a problem but of course, the centre of the larger TVs is ~20cm higher than the 65”.

What are folks thoughts about the mounting height vs viewing distance?

Last edited:
I think everyone's opinion may differ here, wont be surprised if people say whatever is comfortable to your eyes.

Imo if you are not sitting at the correct height, position and viewing distance you may get health issues, headaches, migraines, neck and back issues, tired and dry eyes or vision loss and more.

But.... having said all the above, many probably don't bother and just do what's best for them, if you are taking regular breaks from staring at your screen and not sitting on your sofa for 2-3hrs at a time you may get away with it.

I think everyone's opinion may differ here, wont be surprised if people say whatever is comfortable to your eyes.

Imo if you are not sitting at the correct height, position and viewing distance you may get health issues, headaches, migraines, neck and back issues, tired and dry eyes or vision loss and more.

But.... having said all the above, many probably don't bother and just do what's best for them, if you are taking regular breaks from staring at your screen and not sitting on your sofa for 2-3hrs at a time you may get away with it.

Strikes me as high…..but there are websites out there advocating for even higher!

Strikes me as high…..but there are websites out there advocating for even higher!

Its mixed indeed, I think you have to find the sweet spot yourself really its unique to who ever and how many are watching it. I had a cut out cardboard of the exact size of my TV and placed it on my wall with drawing pins just to get a rough idea.

I guess if one placed the TV that high up on the wall, your chin would be high and your neck hurting
after few minutes so you might want to test it with the cardboard cut out. My TV is almost mid centre of the wall you don't need to look up or down just naturally forward, never had any issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom