LG 79UF770V Upgrade

Samsung boy

Standard Member

vickster

Distinguished Member
Have you checked the guides in the which TV section? Good place to start.
eg **New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition
They are both LCD TVs, the QLED is not a different tech
(either way, don’t buy from Curry’s ).

vickster

Distinguished Member
thanks, the LG is not listed there.
BTW whats wrong with Currys?, I normally by from JL.

Cheers
Do a search for feedback on the LG
Poor warranty, poor product knowledge and poor customer service the main complaints about Currys.
Stick with JL

Dodgexander

There's some background reading/understanding you'll need to do before picking out specific models. For example, have you determined which panel type is most suited to your conditions or preferences?

Should be outlined in the OP of the guide, there's also a bit about HDR, and why TVs such as the two you've picked out don't make the cut if you want to use HDR on the TV.

EDIT*

The Q60T you picked out is listed, but as a TV that isn't recommended.
The UN8500 I missed from the guide at that section, I have since added it. A good option if you are looking for a mid range TV using a 120hz IPS panel.

Dodgexander

1. You need to understand there's HDR and HDR, some background reading and time is required. Very different how one TV can display HDR and another. In simple terms, the TVs you are looking at should be treated as SDR only, since they don't meet any requirement to display HDR correctly other than accepting the signal. Its all covered in the first post of my guide. You really need a high tier, or upper mid tier for HDR.
2. It uses a 120hz panel which can also refresh at 100hz.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom