LG 75UK6200PLB

AnandB

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

LG is currently on sale at Curry's for <£1k, and was wondering if this TV is any good.
I was initially looking for a 65" TV within £700, but the 75" LG looks attractive for the price and I am willing to go for it if it is a decent model to watch Netflix & Prime videos.

Thank you.

i have the 2017 uj675 75" currys only version, it may be the earlier version of this one you are considering, well im very happy with it....hd tv looks really good, sd tv is good as well, blu ray discs look superb and 4k blu rays are really great as well...netflix 4k and hdr is very good and really looks fab IF you have a fast connection to enable the hdr.....saying that the hdr on this set with 4k blurays is not its best point....it has improved over the last 12 months as LG have provided at least 7 software updates that have improved the picture greatly, 75" tvs are really good for immersion and film enjoyment, only bettered by projectors ( i have one but never use it now), if at all possible , take a bluray disc or 4k disc ( if you play these?) and get currys to demo it for you.

The spec of the LG 75uk6200 looks pretty good to me when compared to other 75 inch tvs around the same price, even up to around £1600. I just dont think this price wil be beaten but am eagerley awaiting the one day black friday deals to see if it is...

Hi All,

I also saw this deal and did a lot of research. The deal seems almost too good to be true and I sadly think it is. I personally wont be purchasing, I'd read the below carefully - and do your own research on the product. Sadly it seems like the currys model fits all of these warning flags perfectly.

Some retailers have struck up deals with TV manufacturers to sell derivative models - TVs based on the latest popular models but with inferior hardware or poorer performance. These TVs are sold for a short time only on Black Friday and despite a lower price, are not offering the same value as the original model.

1) Check the model number

If a TV deal seems too good to be true you can use the model number to look it up. The model number is a series of numbers and letters used to identify the item. It will look something like this: Toshiba 50U6863DB. The model number is usually tucked away in the specification section of a website. Find it and then check to see if it's a model sold by other stores. If it is sold by lots of other retailers and has been on sale for a long period of time it should be legitimate. If you can’t find the same model on other retailers then its likely you’ve come across a derivative model.

2) Check reviews

Reviews for TVs are across the internet and most major retailers will have reviews listed under the products, usually with a five-star rating system.

If the reviews for the TV are all in the last few weeks it could be a sign this is a new product. Again, this is not conclusive proof the TV is a derivative but it should mean you show extra caution if this is the case. If there are no reviews at all, or you cant find any reviews online, then it is a sure sign it is a derivative model.

3) The TV is only listed in one size

A TV that comes in just one size is not necessarily a derivative but if a deal appears and the TV has only ever been available in that size it may be worth being a bit more careful.

So in summary - this model may well provide a great picture and is great value but only because its made with older/lower quality parts and certain features have been compromised to keep the cost low.

If you buy this model then be warned that:

- you only have a 1 year warranty, and if faults develop after this time, it's likely that the replacement parts will not be available and repairs will therefore be costly.

- its likely to not last as long as you'd expect before it starts developing faults (you should expect a TV to last 5-7 years, but a derivative model will likely only last a couple of years before it packs up for good)

- you may find it harder to find online or manufacture technical support
- software updates may be non-existent or very limited
- some software features you'd expect may not work as expected or may not be available at all

if these are compromises you can allow for to save over £1000 (it is a huge saving after all) then definitely consider this TV - but don't be too surprised if the quality, build and after purchase support is less than you'd expect.

Last edited:
Compared with the UJ675 model the spec seems very good. Very confused as what to go for now!

Compared with the UJ675 model the spec seems very good. Very confused as what to go for now!
Like you I am very tempted to go for this TV at Currys. I compared it to the 75" Toshiba which costs £200 more and was very favourably impressed with the LG. The Toshiba only has 350 nits brightness which is not very impressive. I could not see figures for brightness for the LG. Should I take the plunge?

I bought the above mentioned LG 75UK6200PLB today online from Curry’s, albeit before reading this thread and before finding there are zero reviews for it online.

A tad worried by the standard 1yr warranty, but LG is a widely respected make and I’ve had 3 before (currently a 49” LG 4k UHD which I’ve had for 2+ years) and never had any trouble with any so bit the bullet and bought with 75”.

Due for delivery tomorrow...

I bought the above mentioned LG 75UK6200PLB today online from Curry’s, albeit before reading this thread and before finding there are zero reviews for it online.

A tad worried by the standard 1yr warranty, but LG is a widely respected make and I’ve had 3 before (currently a 49” LG 4k UHD which I’ve had for 2+ years) and never had any trouble with any so bit the bullet and bought with 75”.

Due for delivery tomorrow...
Let us know how it is!

mine was delivered today and being installed on tuesday but im sure currys ripped me off on installation as they charged £200 installation which includes a tilt wall bracket which only says up to 70" on box and a £100 sandstorm hdmi cable
Just checked the currys page on ebay and they have now sold out i'm glad i never waited until actual black friday tomorrow and the currys store still had ticket price on display of £ 1799 so had to show them web price.

Attachments

• 20181119_192121.jpg
    20181119_192121.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:
How is it? Excited to hear your thoughts!

I bought the 43UK6200PLB for my bedroom and I must say that not happy at all with the image. It is very far from being good.
I think the rgb pixel structure don't even qualify for a proper 4k TV as far from what I have read.
But in comparison with other brands, the LG is packed with features and only lacks on image.
Other brands are very basic and stripped with features although they have considerable better image (Samsung and Philips).
The 43" has an IPS panel with extremely low contrast ratio. Dark room viewing is beyond bad.
Resuming, In the end, you need to choose what better suits your needs and of that is image quality, this is not an option for you.
It is a low budget "4K" TV.
The image of my full HD Philips 42PFL8404 with 10 years old is fast better ;)

Last edited:
@Djuganight where did you buy it? Will you be returning it? I can imagine the issues you had with the 43” will be amplified with a 75”!

In Portugal we cannot return the item because we didn't like it, otherwise I would have done it yes.
My feedback is regarding the 43" version so if the 75" has the same exact specs I would definitely skip it.

Ok well i've had this TV for about a week now and have to say for £999 i'm happy with it, i had a 60 inch LG previously, this one LG 60UF770V Televisions - 60” ULTRA HD 4K TV - LG Electronics UK so thats what i'm comparing it to and you can find reviews of my old one. Fantastic with PS4 and amazing if you feed it 4K via Prime Netflix or a 4k Blu Ray, better than my 60" LG. Standard def is pretty ruff but i'm guessing that's more to do with it being 75inch, HD channels on Sky are perfectly acceptable. I'm really not seeing anything in the way of contrast issues, again i would say its better than my previous TV after playing with the settings which aren't great out of the box so do make sure you get into it plus ECO mode is on out of the box which kills the picture. I had slight motion blur issues but again after turning on/off some of the setting it seems to be fixed. I would honestly say if you want a better picture you would have to almost spend double the money for sub £1700 its as good if not better than anything I've seen and i did spend a fair few hours playing in multiple Currys stores and yes i'm that annoying guy that brings his own DVD's in.. For me it came down to this or a Samsung UE75NU8000 (£1800) and i'm happy with my choice. It does only have a 1 year warranty but again so did my previous LG and i haven't had any issues with it. Before that i had a Sony that went back 3 times in 12 months so i guess thats luck of the draw. You can buy an extended warranty via LG when you register it online for £163 which btw offers a 10% discount when i clicked on no. Errrrr what else ,the software is pretty much identical to my previous LG which i was perfectly happy with, its quick smooth and pretty easy to use, you don't get a magic remote with it but can buy one for £30 and it is compatible (using the one from my old tv). From digging around it looks like its a 2017 model that been re hashed discounted for Black Friday i don't really see that as a bad thing. If you want the best possible picture quality then maybe look at a smaller OLED but if you have your heart set on a 75" and don't want to pay more than £1700 you really should give it a try. I am genuinely happy with my decision right now and i'm glad i have the extra £800 in my pocket rather than buying the sammy. I'm not Samsung bashing before anyone jumps on that either as i think thats a great TV as well just didn't think there was £800 worth of difference other than Currys offering a 5 year warranty on the Samsung.

Would somebody who has this tv be kind enough to measure the distance between stand feet? I need to check it fits on my TV cabinet as the feet seem very widely spaced and I can't seem to find the dimension anywhere.

Would somebody who has this tv be kind enough to measure the distance between stand feet? I need to check it fits on my TV cabinet as the feet seem very widely spaced and I can't seem to find the dimension anywhere.

Anyone please?

I'm currently running this TV now as a replacement for my old Panasonic 58" Plasma... and bought at £999 delivered on 6th January 2019... and it's spot on for the money (infact incredible value for money) BUT and this is a big BUT... you really have to turn all the nonsense off and spend literally hours configuring it to get the best out of it. I've spent 4 hours already tweaking to a point that I'm happy with the pictures on all 3 inputs... however I now want to run it through my 4k disc and tweak on top of that.

The DNR and motion control functions as is the case with lots of 4k TV's basically make everything look false and IMHO, appalling like when I watched The Hobbit in 60fps at cinema. Films lose all their film like qualities... so turn all of that processing nonsense off.

Incredibly as well, I'm finding to get the best 4k picture I'm using VIVID and then detuning... which is a first for me as VIVID is appalling BUT it enables the 100% backlight feature which I need to get the HDR pictures I want, the other options don't enable this... so, I enabled VIVID then work backwards to tone everything down and I'm not 4 hours of tweaking at a point that I'm 90% happy with now.

As for the picture quality, SKYQ and their so called SKY HD films look garbage now... they really do and really just shows how bad their bandwidth is and quality of their programs. I slap the same film on bluray and it looks sensational. 4k looks stunning through my Panny 4k player and SkyQ's UHD films and programs; Greatest Showman, Fortitude and TinStar all look superb and lovely colour palette.

Down sides? Yeah, a couple but for the price you can't complain lets be honest... I'd say that every now and then I see a lighting changes in the background... it's ohhh so slight, but on certain things you see the TV change the brightness in a split second... like I say it's rare but it is there... as I've never owned an LED/LCD because of things like this, maybe I pick up on them more? Or it's the sheer size of the screen... SO IN SUMMARY:

PROS:
1. Price, at £999 it really cannot be beaten for 75"
2. Looks nice, nice slim bezel and decent if not premium build quality.
3. HDR is really surprisingly good, a lot better than I expected from a budget panel. There really are scenes that borderline blind you in their brightness and little expense to the darker areas of the picture... (although you do have to tweak settings correctly)
4. Plenty of colour and the reds look like reds and blues are stunning... i.e. looking at snow scenes the whites are beautifully rendered with those blues you get with a cooler image setting looking sensational.
5. LG seem spot on with firmware upgrades, mine had one on the first evening fo

CONS:
1. Could've done with more than 3 HDMI inputs i.e. 4
2. Ever so slight lighting anomalies now and again... doesn't really detract from the film etc.
3. Crap remote, flimsy and layout is dreadful especially when using Netflix and Amazon and controlling play/rewind etc... you need tiny fingers...
4. The processing additions as per usual are dreadful, turn off DNR and Motion Control on all inputs and you'll start seeing a cracking picture.
4. Turning the Sharpness function past 30 brings in all sorts of problems and grain so ensure that you keep below 30, I'm currently set to 29 for 4k and 25 for 1080p inputs.
5. Watch the greens as they can become overblown easily and need to be tweaked.

I bought the 43UK6200PLB for my bedroom and I must say that not happy at all with the image. It is very far from being good.
I think the rgb pixel structure don't even qualify for a proper 4k TV as far from what I have read.
But in comparison with other brands, the LG is packed with features and only lacks on image.
Other brands are very basic and stripped with features although they have considerable better image (Samsung and Philips).
The 43" has an IPS panel with extremely low contrast ratio. Dark room viewing is beyond bad.
Resuming, In the end, you need to choose what better suits your needs and of that is image quality, this is not an option for you.
It is a low budget "4K" TV.
The image of my full HD Philips 42PFL8404 with 10 years old is fast better ;)
My Mum has the same TV and initially I wasn't happy with the picture until I realised that it is in ECO mode by default and once that was turned off and set up the picture is very good for a budget TV. Definitely much better than I was expecting especially on Netflix and Amazon HDR programmes.

I've now spent an additional few hours setting mine up. All I can say is the picture with the 4k Player is stunning... I'm watching Planet Earth 2 now after configuring the system with my own eyes, tweaking with a THX and then finish off with the DVS/HDR10 config stuff. Then a final tweak with my own eyes again and I'm there... for £999 I'm not flabbergasted that the picture especially with HDR pictures is this good...

After tweaking I started Planet Earth 2 on Netflix... and that looked very good indeed, then thought hold on get the thing on 4k disc loaded and it was like night and day...

Whatever you do guys, TURN ECO mode off, use standard and tweak settings. Turn all motion control and DNR off... absolute bargain of a TV. Just put some time and effort in! Only downside is, I'd say if anything is lacking, the black levels could do with a notch lower... but hey... it's not OLED

i have the uj675, the previous version of this tv, practically the same but with no google voice.....well....
i never knew you could adjust the Backlight setting on 4k uhd....or any 4k come to that.
adjusted it down to 85% as it defaults to 100%, applied to all inputs and wow...the slight blooming that used to appear in dark areas on the screen has practically all gone, without taking any pop from the screen....even more impressed now.....only had the tv for 16 months.....lol.
upgraded to virgin fibre 100mb broadband, netflix says im getting 108 mb wirelessly and boy does netflix and amazon in 4k look magnificent....so if you can still get this tv for a grand....its well worth it.

just tried this video that is for oled tvs and im still very happy with the black levels now that i have adjusted the backlight.

Last edited:
Fantastic TV, i'm well happy with mine

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom