LG 70UF77OT Ultra 4K TV thread

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Maverick11359, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Maverick11359

Maverick11359
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys , Totally rapped in my new LG 70" television . But find the worlds changed when it comes to operation manuals. What's the go with a few pieces of paper defining as a manual for a 5 thousand dollar piece of video equipment . I've lived a life of enjoyment reading and studying thick booklet manuals for all my audio video equipment over the decades.. Without a descent manual its hard to answer questions that pop into your head ,for example I'm fairly sure by the picture quality I'm watching on the TV it is up scaling to 4K but I'm not a 100% positive and would like to confirm it . Surely there must be away of bring this info up on the screen while the TV is on , if I push the Info button on the magic remote I get what the source is transmitting. but how do I confirm the 4K up scaling . Any ideas would be appreciated..

2. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,398
    use the online manual
    why cut down more trees this day and age ? ;)

3. Maverick11359

Maverick11359
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, the on line manual is about as useful as t--s on a bull . No different to the few small pieces of paper manual that came with the TV..

I ended up talking to a Tech person called Rod at LG support about my querry .He stated its a 4k television display so everthing that you see is a Ultra Full DEF 4K picture regardless of the source (so every lower DEF source is upscaled). Not necessary to state it on screen display.