LG 65W8V Wallpaper OLED 4K TV Preview & Comments

On this and the C8 and G8 previews you've written that there's a 75" variant. Has LG changed the dimensions of the larger panel or should it be 77"?

From my view point, ( I had the W7 model) but it malfunctioned. LG attempted to correct the unit, but in the end resulted replacement with a W8 model.
Certainly there’s a definite improvement in overall performance. But the sound quality did not improve. That is the Atmos and base are as weak as last years model.
I’m now searching how to improve this area so it matches the viewing and technology which exists in all the other areas.
I’m uncertain of the ability to implement the changes via utilizing, for example, the Samsung N950 soundbar.
Guidance or direction would very helpful

From my view point, ( I had the W7 model) but it malfunctioned. LG attempted to correct the unit, but in the end resulted replacement with a W8 model.
Certainly there’s a definite improvement in overall performance. But the sound quality did not improve. That is the Atmos and base are as weak as last years model.
I’m now searching how to improve this area so it matches the viewing and technology which exists in all the other areas.
I’m uncertain of the ability to implement the changes via utilizing, for example, the Samsung N950 soundbar.
Guidance or direction would very helpful
This is an area for me where the W8 and W7 fall down. The sound quality frankly is disappointing. LG don’t call it a soundbar, and that’s for a reason.

My advice would be to go down the route of the SK10Y, and if you want 7.1.2, buy the SPK8 rear speakers.

The Samsung bar is very good, but I’d be prepared to trade the slight improvement in sound quality with the ease of use and integration of the bar and the tv (same remote, turn off and on together etc).

This is an area for me where the W8 and W7 fall down. The sound quality frankly is disappointing. LG don’t call it a soundbar, and that’s for a reason.

My advice would be to go down the route of the SK10Y, and if you want 7.1.2, buy the SPK8 rear speakers.

The Samsung bar is very good, but I’d be prepared to trade the slight improvement in sound quality with the ease of use and integration of the bar and the tv (same remote, turn off and on together etc).

Thx much for the advice . What are your thoughts on the Sony st5000?

Thx much for the advice . What are your thoughts on the Sony st5000?
It’s ok. I was expecting more if I’m honest, I was left underwhelmed. Bass was very impressive, but for 1200 quid I expected more. The sound output was good, 800w, but for me it lacked the punch I wanted.

Maybe it’s worth looking further afield, maybe Yamaha? The 5600 is very impressive

It’s ok. I was expecting more if I’m honest, I was left underwhelmed. Bass was very impressive, but for 1200 quid I expected more. The sound output was good, 800w, but for me it lacked the punch I wanted.

Maybe it’s worth looking further afield, maybe Yamaha? The 5600 is very impressive

I’ve also gone on the soundbar site where Steve reviews the N950. I thank you for the info, but , looking for additional advice. I’ve spoken with Bestbuy, and if I desire , I can try the N950 at home . However, if the trial does not work out, I can return before the 15 day trial.
Perhaps that direction may be the wise way to go

I’m in no hurry, and perhaps something better may come forward.
Re the Yamaha you noted, it will not work esthetically as we have an 80” entertainment center below the W8 which presently supports the LG W8 soundbar.

Last edited:
i wish I had read this thread before I purchased my W8. For a Signature TV the sound is rather poor and not compatible with the SPK8. I MrT1 would seriously like to know where you ended up with this. But I do not want to start throwing £1200 plus at it or is there a cheaper option to improve the sound. May be should have purchased the E8 and Sk10Y. It is only week old do I have any comeback with LG as for returning it because of the disappointing sound. Many thanks

Well just got home from work today and the screen would not come to life, box working but screen absolutely dead did all the norm of soft reset as suggested by LG support but nothing, so may be there was something wrong with this unit from the start. I have always been a Sony man so maybe back to Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom