LG 65UN85006LA

chapchap2727

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know it is cheap but i am looking for a big 4K TV with 100/120Hz screen. The LG 65UN85006LA has HDMI 2.1 so it can do that and can be bought less than 650 quid.
Any owners can give it a quick review (as i cannot find any reviews anywhere for it).

Hi,

I would also like to hear from anyone that has used this TV, i am after the 75" and it seems perfect for the money to pair it up with an Xbox Series X !

Unfortunately it only seems to be available from Currys :(

Hi,

I would also like to hear from anyone that has used this TV, i am after the 75" and it seems perfect for the money to pair it up with an Xbox Series X !

Unfortunately it only seems to be available from Currys :(
And no variable refresh rate so that’s a minus. I think I will wait for a deal with a tv with VRR and hdmi 2.1.

That's odd, just looking at LG's Website and it states that it does have it...

"A higher frame rate, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) all meeting HDMI 2.1 specifications. These latest features allow fast-moving content in higher resolution and smooth, synchronized graphics. It's a more lifelike gaming experience"

:/

That's odd, just looking at LG's Website and it states that it does have it...

"A higher frame rate, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) all meeting HDMI 2.1 specifications. These latest features allow fast-moving content in higher resolution and smooth, synchronized graphics. It's a more lifelike gaming experience"

:/
But the same website says it is 100Hz too. Other places say it is 120Hz.
LOl i think that is why i would like someone to review it !

Yeah i know what you mean, very confusing information! - plus not a good warranty with Currys, but it's a steal at £999 i think...

Will have to get a new amp too, dammit, so looking at the Denon AVRX2600 - more money!!

Yeah i know what you mean, very confusing information! - plus not a good warranty with Currys, but it's a steal at £999 i think...

Will have to get a new amp too, dammit, so looking at the Denon AVRX2600 - more money!!
You mean £649 for the LG 65UN85006LA ?

Hi.. Just received this TV today (22/10/2020) from Curry's. It does do 120hz. Curry's site and LG are not accurate. The back of the TV states it is 120hz.

Hope this helps those XBOX Series X buyers out there! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_100112.jpg
    IMG_20201022_100112.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 1,651
Hi.. Just received this TV today (22/10/2020) from Curry's. It does do 120hz. Curry's site and LG are not accurate. The back of the TV states it is 120hz.

Hope this helps those XBOX Series X buyers out there! :)
Enjoy! Does it have Variable Refresh Rate too do you know?

And the picture is nice is it? How is SD upscaling to 4K ?

Thanks for letting us know, mine is turning up tomorrow!

Don't suppose you know what 'M' Bolts to use for putting it onto a bracket? i have a new bracket that has loads of sizes and i don't want to use one that's too long! :) - i'm sure it will tell me in the manual tomorrow though!

Lovely picture yes (blacks are not bad either). Haven't upscaled anything yet. Still trying to get to grips with it. Some of the options are ghosted as I don't have a hdmi 2.1 lead inserted yet, so not sure on settings. I don't think it has VRR but it does have 'ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)'. But then again even the LG site said it was '100hz' on their site and now I find it's really 120hz. So I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I'm not really techy on tv's. First new tv since 2008.

I couldnt find a tv within my budget that offered features like this. So it's a bonus having 120hz. I'm hoping the games will run great anyway. I'm just happy it has what it has (i mean 2 x hdmi 2.1? wow). I just wanted you guys to know it HAS 120hz featured. That's why I uploaded that pic.

Here's the other ports... near the ones I showed..

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_100123.jpg
    IMG_20201022_100123.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,737
Last edited:
Lovely picture yes. Haven't upscaled anything yet. Still trying to get to grips with it. Some of the options are ghosted as I don't have a hdmi 2.1 lead inserted yet, so not sure on settings. I don't think it has VRR but it does have 'ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)'. But then again even the LG site said it was '100hz' on their site and now I find it's really 120hz. So I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I'm not really techy on tv's. First new tv since 2008.

I couldnt find a tv within my budget that offered features like this. So it's a bonus having 120hz. I'm hoping the games will run great anyway. I'm just happy it has what it has (i mean 2 x hdmi 2.1? wow). I just wanted you guys to know it HAS 120hz featured. That's why I uploaded that pic.
This is one at the top of my list- I will see what happens BF but this is a lot of tv for not much money. Thanks for the feedback but yes buy yourself a proper 2.1 lead to open up the options.

Thanks for letting us know, mine is turning up tomorrow!

Don't suppose you know what 'M' Bolts to use for putting it onto a bracket? i have a new bracket that has loads of sizes and i don't want to use one that's too long! :) - i'm sure it will tell me in the manual tomorrow though!

I have mine on a wall too using this bracket (couldnt post the URL as this bloody site didnt allow it)

Mounting Dream Tilt TV Bracket Wall Mount, For Most 26-55 inch Flat and Curved TVs up to VESA 400x400mm and 40 KG, Ultra Slim Tilting TV Wall Bracket Fischer Wall Plug Included MD2268-MK-02

<on Amazon>

One thing about this bracket I like, it's mean't for up to 55" tv's or no more than 40kg. The tv is about 24kg I think. So perfect for it. It also came with two lower pulleys at the bottom of the fixtures you screw on the tv. They are spring loaded, so you pull them downward so you can pop it off the bracket if you need to. My old one had two long screws you had to fit underneath. This Idea is waaay more convenient and easier. Even came with a nice little separate spirit level. Not those piddly ones they fit to the bracket. This one is a nice portable size for lots of little jobs.

It came with lots of different screw lengths and different types on spacers too. I think the ones you need are M4 x 12mm and are the shortest ones I used. You lose a few mm going through the bracket (use a washer too). I was a bit nervy about using longer ones. The Vesa size is 400x400 for this set.

Good luck fella!

Last edited:
Hi!

TV arrived this morning, huge!! - all is looking ok, little bit dark to start with but have stuck it on vivid for the time being until i get time to go through the settings properly (very bright) I'm waiting on a satellite cable so i can configure the inbuilt freesat... picture quality looks perfectly fine, i have not tried any native 4k stuff as yet... annoyingly my old 2015 Sony Amp does 4K but doesn't support passing through any HDR or anything but i was already planning on getting either the Denon AVRX2700 or the new Yamaha one that's due out any day (cheaper!)

Oh, and turned TrueMotion off as soon as i found the setting, that over smoothness makes me want to pull my eyes out!

Will upload a picture once i have sorted the cables out, but if you want me to try anything just let me know...

:)

Great news! Congrats. Yeh, she's a beauty I think. I did notice that over smoothness. Does that effect only tv broadcasts or anything including blu-ray and games? Nice to know the function that does that... cheers. I haven't got any tv at the moment, only online stuff like Youtube. Something been wrong with my antenna when I moved in. Getting that sorted Monday afternoon. Will be nice to not see that 'no signal' message lol. Have fun!

Hi guys. Literally in the same boat in that I've ordered my 75inch model already but was weary of the 100/120 refresh rate. Thank you for clarifying that. Just wanted to ask though, picture quality...Read a few review sites where they've only given it a moderate rating saying it's not great colour wise and can seem pixelated. My main use will be video games, Netflix, Prime, YouTube and 4k Bluray. Just wanted to check if these sites are comparing to say oled tvs (which in that case would be fair to an extent) or if the TV is standard entry level. (I've got a 2017 lg 55 4k model and I love it and never had an issue)

Looks damn good to me. Some people are just not happy with anything. This is a £700 tv reduced from £900. Some folk want there cake AND eat it. Nothing more than Elitist type. You know the usual argument. The blacks to me are not grey and looked black enough for me. Hell, why slag a reduced tv off.. if you not happy then obviously you have money to spare... spend a few more hundred and buy a 1.5k tv. Some people really want lots for nothing. TBH a 120hz tv for than less than £700 is amazing.... you should just stop winging ***.

Looks damn good to me. Some people are just not happy with anything. This is a £700 tv reduced from £900. Some folk want there cake AND eat it. Nothing more than Elitist type. You know the usual argument. The blacks to me are not grey and looked black enough for me. Hell, why slag a reduced tv off.. if you not happy then obviously you have money to spare... spend a few more hundred and buy a 1.5k tv. Some people really want lots for nothing. TBH a 120hz tv for than less than £700 is amazing.... you should just stop winging ***.
Cheers bud. All I needed to hear. I know oled tech is superior. And more expensive. Was just hoping to clarify that for this level of technology it was as gd as what I have and that seems the case. Just far bigger with 120fps. Which is a 10/19 for me.

Does it have Variable Refresh Rate do you know ? I am not sure how you could tell but if you could let us know that would be great. If it does it is def. top of my list.

Does it have Variable Refresh Rate do you know ? I am not sure how you could tell but if you could let us know that would be great. If it does it is def. top of my list.

As I said earlier many of the options are greyed out or ghosted as the hdmi 2.1 lead isn't there yet, so not sure what options get unlocked. Strange thing, many review sites and testing sites said it wasnt 120hz when it was. I mean bloody heck, try looking at the back of the set. It tells you :/

The only confusing thing is the LG site showed all these specs and features right beneath the main page and it does indeed show VRR and ALLM. So you would think it DOES have these features because they are listed on the tv's actual page. So, as I said this is unknown until we get to plug the lead in and run it on the Series X.... can't flippin' wait, even though I missed the pre-order :(

Maybe hold off until the Xbox is out, but the set might go back up to £900 by then. It's a gamble you may not wanna take. I wish I could give you more info fella. Can only tell you what I know. We solved the 120hz question though. LG saying it is 100hz on there website is just plain dumb. I bet many people skipped buying it because they thought it was only 100hz. Saying that, my G-Sync monitor is 144hz but does have an overclock function that pushes it to 165hz (yum). So I guess tv's could potentially have a similar feature.

As I said earlier many of the options are greyed out or ghosted as the hdmi 2.1 lead isn't there yet, so not sure what options get unlocked. Strange thing, many review sites and testing sites said it wasnt 120hz when it was. I mean bloody heck, try looking at the back of the set. It tells you :/

The only confusing thing is the LG site showed all these specs and features right beneath the main page and it does indeed show VRR and ALLM. So you would think it DOES have these features because they are listed on the tv's actual page. So, as I said this is unknown until we get to plug the lead in and run it on the Series X.... can't flippin' wait, even though I missed the pre-order :(

Maybe hold off until the Xbox is out, but the set might go back up to £900 by then. It's a gamble you may not wanna take. I wish I could give you more info fella. Can only tell you what I know. We solved the 120hz question though. LG saying it is 100hz on there website is just plain dumb. I bet many people skipped buying it because they thought it was only 100hz. Saying that, my G-Sync monitor is 144hz but does have an overclock function that pushes it to 165hz (yum). So I guess tv's could potentially have a similar feature.
Yeah I have bought bargains because the manufacturer just didn’t seem to sell its strong points i.e. Saying it is 100Hz when it is 120 etc
Lets hope BF has some great deals for this set :)

Had the TV a few days now and overall am very impressed with it, the responsiveness of the interface is really good...picture quality of the built in FreeSat interface looks good too, certainly no major pixelation or anything like that!

Only thing that is a small issue is a small amount of light bleed in really dark scenes in the top right hand corner, but i have owned sets before (old Sony ones) that were far worse and had it all over the display... still for £1000 for the 75" it's well worth the money and most people probably won't notice it... the missus definitely wouldn't!!

Just about to buy the Denon AVRX2700 to connect it all together in anticipation of the Series X on the 10th November as my old Sony amp does do 4k it can't pass through any HDR or any other features apart from the 4k resolution.

I am pretty much watching all sources in 'game' mode as i find the colours the most natural and i don't don't miss the TruMotion effects as it looks so un-natural, glad it can be turned off on all the settings! :)

I would definitely recommend the set if this is your budget, looks like it ticks all the HDMI 2.1 boxes, soon find out!

Was a right arse to put on the wall, but that was the bracket more than anything else (apart from the physical size of course) a 2 person job for sure!

Andy

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 1,287
Last edited:
Very nice indeed. Agree with the two person job thing. I made the mistake of not putting spacers on the bracket. So the tv is too close to the wall. Having to re-do that bit, but apart from that I love it. Not sure about the burn-in issue. Hear about it but not sure how long it happens and if it effects this tv's screen. Ive been watching some pretty tasty 4k youtube vids, but many have the logo in the corner and they really should rotate them around the screen. Certainly not smart tv friendly.

Fortunately i got a bracket that is movable so i can pull it forward to get access to the ports, makes things a lot easier, especially as i have probably pulled it forwards about 10 times already for changing cables and experimenting!

It's not burn in, as you only get that issue with OLED and Plasma... i would take a picture and show you but then you will probably look out for it and get annoyed if you see it!! ;)

Good idea about the 4k youtube stuff, now i have got the audio to go back through to my amp via ARC I'm going to give that a go...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom