LG 65UM7100

Kypros12

Novice Member
hello all,

My LG 65UM7100 is connected on windows domain and local ip is 192.168.32.xxx static ip. All setup is fine updating through firewall etc...
About our ads
You may also like

Now when i connect a win10 pro laptop on same domain via dhcp at range 192.168.33.xxx and duplicate/extend screen at first time it might connect, after that it shows on tv that im trying to connect but nothing happens and i get an error on tv. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

next010

Distinguished Member
LG use Miracast for display mirroring, this is very unreliable as vendors seem to all do Miracast a little differently.

One thing on Windows is that you need a WiFi adapter on the PC to initiate the Miracast stream so if your on ethernet only get a USB WiFi adapter for it.

There is a third party desktop extension tool called Airparrot can detect the LG TV, I'm not sure ifi t works with Miracast but it definitely works with Chromecast and AppleTV devices.

Kypros12

Novice Member
LG use Miracast for display mirroring, this is very unreliable as vendors seem to all do Miracast a little differently.

One thing on Windows is that you need a WiFi adapter on the PC to initiate the Miracast stream so if your on ethernet only get a USB WiFi adapter for it.

There is a third party desktop extension tool called Airparrot can detect the LG TV, I'm not sure ifi t works with Miracast but it definitely works with Chromecast and AppleTV devices.

Thank you for the reply. Im using an hp laptop pro series. I will check airparrot. This is frustrating. I already told vendor to bring another brand to test.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom