Quantcast

Question LG 65UK6300PLB Flashing mute icon and menu won't go away (see image)

gahh

Novice Member
Hi there. My TV has a mute button flashing on the right hand side of it and a menu pops up at the bottom of the screen saying select the menu.
IMG_20200210_104614.jpg

The only way to get rid of it is by pressing the mute button or exit button which gets rid of it momentarily but then it appears again after a split second. The TV is unusable because of this. How do I fix this? I only bought it in April last year and I've been really happy with it until this happened.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
If you haven't had your TV and don't mind losing and adjustments you've made to picture settings, a factory reset would probably clear it.

gahh

Novice Member
Thanks for coming back to me, I appreciate the reply. I just did a factory reset and still have the same problem. Any other ideas?

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Can't you select close option?

...does the menu at bottom appear when you press mute?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When you set it up does it ask if you want to set it up in shop or home mode?

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Is it brand new or was it working OK before?

gahh

Novice Member
It was working fine for 8 months. I've contacted LG support. Lets see what they say.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I wonder if it could be the remote - maybe try taking the batteties out and use the on set controls to close it?

gahh

Novice Member
Yeah, I tried taking the batteries out. Left them out overnight and then did a manufacturer reset of the TV to make sure the remote wasn't sending any signals when it shouldn't have been. Same result:(

gahh

Novice Member
Its working now. I don't know how but all of a sudden its fixed itself. Weird. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.