Answered LG 65UH770V

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by geeWcee, May 3, 2016.

1. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +26
      Any LG 65UH770V owners yet? Can't find any reviews anywhere so far. Looks very good for the price, just wondering about lag as my son will be using his Xbox one on this if I got one.

2. Best Answer:
      Post #19 by stoods1, Jun 12, 2016 (2 points)
    3. andyUK101

andyUK101

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +456
      Got my eye on this as well - seems to offer a decent degree of future proofing but given i coming from a plasma i more concerned with the black levels

4. nick etheridge

nick etheridge

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +55
      Ips panel therefore poor black levels

5. stoods1

stoods1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      I also have my eye on this range from LG so would be interested in any feedback from owners, reviews etc. Many thanks.

6. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +26
      Might just take the plunge, nothing ventured nothing gained! 4k seems a bit of a minefield now and there are so many models that its impossible to choose between them.

7. andyUK101

andyUK101

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +456
      Yeah thats the kicker

Due to the layout of my lounge the viewing angles can be quite wide which makes a VA panel less appealing otherwise would have considered the DX750B

8. derwill

derwill
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1
      Just took delivery of this very model. No complaints so far except for not being able to see my NAS drives in the inputs menu. Could be me not being familiar with web o/s 3.

9. stoods1

stoods1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      I have one on order. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this set once you have had a chance to watch a bit more?

Thanks

10. mooperman

mooperman
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,603
      i bought this a few weeks ago to replace my faulty samsung plasma.....

as far as HD movies go it looks great although took some tinkering to get to what i like...

ive not tried my xbox one on it but ps4 uncharted is absolutely unplayable (compared to my den tv sony w7 50") because of input lag - in fact its a mess....

i barely watch any tv in the living aside from thrones and movies at weekends so its great for that kind of thing but if its for gaming definitely look elsewhere.

11. stoods1

stoods1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Hi

Thanks for the feedback. My set should be with me next Tuesday so will report back my findings. Surprised to hear about the poor performance with the PS4? I'd be interested to see if your XBONE suffers the same? I have a gaming PC to connect up so will report back on how that fares next week.

12. mooperman

mooperman
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,603
      yeah please do... i'll keep watching this thread.

13. teatwosugars

teatwosugars

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +76
      Daft question, but have you selected Game Mode?

4K TV's seem to have triple figure input lag if game mode isn't selected.

With game mode it should be in the 30ms range as far as lag goes.

14. mooperman

mooperman
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,603
      Yeah tried game mode on..... Still juddery as hell. This is all through hdmi 1 as I have a separate amp jobby.

15. teatwosugars

teatwosugars

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +76
      I'd be tempted to return it if possible and look at Samsung's offerings as they have the best lag times around (20ms region).

How long have you had the set?

16. mooperman

mooperman
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,603
      Still within first couple of weeks from Amazon.... Already cleared box out annoyingly.

Like I say though, for movies it's fine and that's what it's there for 99% of the time. Ps/Xbox is in my den with a Sony that's great.

17. stoods1

stoods1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Not so happy to hear this bearing in mind mine is arriving Tuesday. Replacing a 50" Panasonic VT30 which has awesome input lag. I would be interested to hear from others with this range from LG on their experiences with game mode / console & PC gaming input. I will report back myself once I have had a chance to test.

18. mooperman

mooperman
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,603
      A few I've spoken to on here seem OK.. Think it might be a size thing.

19. mooperman

mooperman
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,603
      Update... sending mine back to Amazon... worst tv I've ever owned... God I miss plasma.

20. stoods1

stoods1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3
      Best Answer
      I thought I'd give it enough time to have a watch of various different media before posting my thoughts. My TV turned up as promised on Tuesday and initial impressions over the last 5 days or so, are pretty positive. I have given a bit of detail on my thoughts, to try and aid others on a similar journey to mine over the past month. There is not much out there on these sets, so every little helps.

As mooperman says above, this is no plasma. I have compared side to side against my VT30 and black levels and motion handling just don't compare, although after a few tweaks I think I have something I am happy with.

With regard to input lag, I am not having any issues at all with my set connected over HDMI to a gaming PC running a GTX980ti. I have tried a few titles at both 1080p & 2160p (obviously lowered a few settings to get a decent frame rate @ 2160p) and lag isn't noticeable for me at all. Certainly no worse that the VT30, so no complaints there.

Running SkyQ for the majority of watching and things are pretty good generally. Upscaling seems to be handled well for the most part. Coming from a 50" set, I am enjoying the extra screen size. I have watched a few movies and have been impressed. Just finished watching Gravity and thought it generally handled the dark scenes and contrasts in this very well. I haven't put a lot of time into my Blu-Ray collection as yet, but from the bit I have watched, I don't see any major issues here either so far. Toying with the idea of the Samsung UHD Blu-Ray player at the moment also, so will report back on the performance if I go down this route.

I have streamed some 4K from Netflix & YouTube and things look very crisp. Had a quick look at Marco Polo and Dolby Vision kicked in as it should, again, very nice and makes me look forward to other content like this in the future. I downloaded a couple of HDR samples from the net, stuck them on a memory stick and had a look and quite honestly, some of it is jaw dropping.

Now for a couple of things I am not so happy about, but they are not deal breakers (for me anyway). Firstly the general build quality is not particularly good. Maybe its because the Panasonic plasmas were built so solidly, this LCD feels pretty flimsy. The metal frame is fragile and overall it doesn't feel that premium (Ok so this isn't a top tier TV, that I understand, but even still, I believe it should be better than this).

Secondly, my set does have some banding and DSE. I don't generally watch football normally, but do enjoy the international games during a tournament, therefore it has had some use over the past couple of days with lots of panning and green pitches. Not as bad as some I have seen videoed on the net, but I can see it and once you have seen it, that's that, there is no un-seeing it..........
      I am not overly bothered as its not noticeable at all in other programs, movies etc, but if you're into your sports and want this TV, you had better hope to do well in the panel lottery!

I have also had a strange minor issue with Dolby Vision, that I have also read about in a US forum. At certain points in the downloaded HD version of Jurassic World, the TV flicks up on the screen "Dolby Vision Content has stopped playing". Obviously JW from Sky (or anywhere else) isn't presented in Dolby Vision, so must be a bug. It happens on various scenes consistently, as if I rewind back through a trigger point, it will flash up again as I play back through! I re-downloaded it to see if there was any corruption, but it also did it (in exactly the same places) with the new file. Haven't had this problem with any other content though, at all, so just something to monitor for the time being.

Overall this TV is a keeper for me unless I get other issues over the next week or so. I am not in the habit of playing the panel lottery unless I have something I truly cannot put up with, and the TV I have is pretty good.

If anyone has any specific questions on this model, please let me know and I will see if I can help.

21. b khan

b khan
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Owned this lg 65uh770v for a week now, i must say its a good tv but not the best... ive got an 85 inch samsung and a samsung 55 in another room.. i wanted a samsung ue65ks7000 but there was a few weeks waiting time so ended up buyin the lg..simply samsung r the best tvs

22. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +55
      Hi

Is this the owners thread ?

Just picked one up for £999 from Costco online.

Had it a week (coming from a 60 inch Panasonic Plasma) - and its awesome !!

Quick question - does anybody have any "simple" instructions on how to add hulu etc to the catch up tv bit - I believe you can change the region (does it involve a harmony remote - If so I have one) - dloading apps and then changing region back ??

Thanks In Advance

Dave