Question LG 65sj810v and vertical banding

toples50

Novice Member
Reaction score
Guys I have purchased last year a brand new(in very good price) LG 65SJ810v but I have problem with the vertical banding.LG here in Greece can't cover it as a problem.(It said that it is normally...).Could you suggest me the best settings to this model do reduce the vertical banding lines? Thanks

I don't think that I would accept that answer from LG....

Had the 49" version of this TV and did suffer with vertical banding. The only thing that helped was to either have local dimming on low setting or off. Also kept the brightness around 50%. Seems it's a limitation of the edge lit design if that model LG.

Not for me I had a 2017 LG 49SJ810V and it developed very light to moderate vertical banding on the far right hand side so was not a big deal as rest of the panal was clean and all worked 💯 and gave a dam good quality picture. Except I kinda felt 2 years on I was going to do something about it. So I did.

I got in contact with John Lewis as it had a 5 Year warranty with them I purchased it back in September 2017 they sent round a engineer from ICTV services. The engineer said yep it's a fault very light narrow banding I new it was not that bad Compared to how bad banding can get or can be.

Few days later ICTV said LG don't make the Pannals anymore I certainly did not want a refurbished panal not taking the panal "lottery" as the screen did not suffer from any real DSE and uniformity was pretty dam good for IPS.

Sooo I managed my best to have ICTV tell John Lewis in their report to BER the TV so I could then go for a LFL replacement or refund to the value of it now.

Anyways as part of JL warranty they will do their upmost best to replace LFL with what's available now specs wise.

So I pushed for 2019 LG 49SM8600. So I did my homework made sevral calls to ICTV then to JL. Cut along story short being wise and smart all the calls to both companys totaly paid off as of 20th February I'm a proud new owner of a brand new boxed LG 49SM8600 and its bloody awesome TV!!.

All the hardwork and persistentcey truly paid off.

I must state that John Lewis customer service were absolutely 1st rate service. They took away and delivered new TV same day. They called me up next day to ask and make sure things were okay and working.

Also I had to make a small complaint regarding a previous agent gave out some wrong information to be but true to their work a agent from John Lewis customer relations team called me up and as part as good will gesture they have extended my warranty a further 6months.

So I now have untill March 2023. Awesome.

It does pay off to do your homework and be persistent as much as you can all pays off in the end.

Don't be cleaver just be smart about it all get your facts together take some photos if you need to. Make things sound worse than they are it's all key. But don't be rude or shout and scream that will get you know where. :thumbsup:

Can I contact LG Europe with a mail?Or want I can do?
Because I don't believe I will find an answer here in my country...

Last edited:
Some of my photos from my TV in low light condition.To be fair in real life condition you don't notice so intense the problem.
The LG official technician came to my home saw the TV and said this is normal.Is this normal?
What can I do?

Attachments

• E90F3DCA-7063-481B-BEDD-8B8A5C733438.jpeg
    E90F3DCA-7063-481B-BEDD-8B8A5C733438.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 87F5308D-06EC-420E-9F3D-4C21361513C0.jpeg
    87F5308D-06EC-420E-9F3D-4C21361513C0.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 98
  • A6412E28-083E-4B5E-BC60-6B11626158C7.jpeg
    A6412E28-083E-4B5E-BC60-6B11626158C7.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 3CFBFA84-64E0-4402-B7F4-5D3C7DAAABB0.jpeg
    3CFBFA84-64E0-4402-B7F4-5D3C7DAAABB0.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
@toples50 Thats banding at its worse !!. I was told apparently the larger the size screens you have the potential worsen banding can get . If this TV was brought in the UK via Major retailers like John Lewis & Richer sounds you get a full 5-6 year warranty and that most definitely would be exchanged under that period without question from either retailers . Its worth speaking to LG EU see what they say .Otherwise your better off getting rid of it via eBay or private sale ASAP .

Unfortunately that is classic case of banding which happends all the time with both IPS & VA and or even OLED's panels .Its a manufacturing fault which is soooooooooooooooooooooooo common.

I wish you all the very best of luck buddy .:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom