LG 65C7 OLED power board issue

BlueRider

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope you are having a nice day!
Everyday I used to get the voluntary power board replacement message on my LG 65C7 TV. I finally decided to get it done (was postponing due to covid). After the replacement, the message didn't come for 1 day but it started coming again today (the frequency is less though).

Is there any way to check if the replaced power board is without any issue ? Or is the message being sent to all tvs regardless of their powerboard number? Has anyone changed their powerboard and still received this message?

Thanks!

Why not check with whoever did the replacement power board.

Why not check with whoever did the replacement power board.
I did ask him, he said they need to update in their software and after that the messages will stop coming. It's been 3 days since and he is no longer reachable so I am guessing that was not true.

I did ask him, he said they need to update in their software and after that the messages will stop coming. It's been 3 days since and he is no longer reachable so I am guessing that was not true.

Sounds like an LG direct thing, perhaps worth contacting LG help desk directly:

Id guess they send out that message to all effected TV sets, so it may just keep popping up but obviously you had it replaced so can close the pop up. Id guess eventually they stop sending out those messages to effected model units after a while but LG should be able to help, otherwise close that popup and carry on really.

Also if you are not using the apps or streaming, you could disconnect the TV off the internet for a quicker fix.

Sounds like an LG direct thing, perhaps worth contacting LG help desk directly:

Id guess they send out that message to all effected TV sets, so it may just keep popping up but obviously you had it replaced so can close the pop up. Id guess eventually they stop sending out those messages to effected model units after a while but LG should be able to help, otherwise close that popup and carry on really.

Also if you are not using the apps or streaming, you could disconnect the TV off the internet for a quicker fix.

First of all, thanks for your response! I have reached out to LG customer care but they simple re-assigned me to another service engineer.

"Id guess they send out that message to all effected TV sets, so it may just keep popping up but obviously you had it replaced so can close the pop up. Id guess eventually they stop sending out those messages to effected model units after a while but LG should be able to help, otherwise close that popup and carry on really.

Also if you are not using the apps or streaming, you could disconnect the TV off the internet for a quicker fix."

Yeah that is what I was thinking... how can they know if my powerboard is changed or not unless it's model number is read by the firmware (I am guessing only model sno is read). I just wanted to post on this forum to check if anyone else has done this change and if they still get this message.

TBH, message doesn't bother me that much, I am just afraid of having a fire hazard in my living room. I use a fire tv 4k anyways for streaming.

First of all, thanks for your response! I have reached out to LG customer care but they simple re-assigned me to another service engineer.

Also if you are not using the apps or streaming, you could disconnect the TV off the internet for a quicker fix."

Yeah that is what I was thinking... how can they know if my powerboard is changed or not unless it's model number is read by the firmware (I am guessing only model sno is read). I just wanted to post on this forum to check if anyone else has done this change and if they still get this message.

TBH, message doesn't bother me that much, I am just afraid of having a fire hazard in my living room. I use a fire tv 4k anyways for streaming.

should be fine if they replaced the new power board, it would be far better regulated and tested to not have that issue. Yeah might be model number via firmware, I think its just like any pop up its annoying till you close it and get back to enjoying.

Hopefully its gone in a few weeks or that service engineer sends communicates it correctly to the right guy in the right department.

should be fine if they replaced the new power board, it would be far better regulated and tested to not have that issue. Yeah might be model number via firmware, I think its just like any pop up its annoying till you close it and get back to enjoying.

Hopefully its gone in a few weeks or that service engineer sends communicates it correctly to the right guy in the right department.

Yeah the message popup finally went away today :)

For those that have had this issue and contacted LG support did you receive any confirmation you made contact with them like receiving an email with a reference number.

I called last Friday but I have not had any contact yet and I'm worried it might get forgotten as there is no record of it. I don't want to wait several weeks before finding out nothing came of it, or is this normal?

For those that have had this issue and contacted LG support did you receive any confirmation you made contact with them like receiving an email with a reference number.

I called last Friday but I have not had any contact yet and I'm worried it might get forgotten as there is no record of it. I don't want to wait several weeks before finding out nothing came of it, or is this normal?

When I contacted LG customer care through email, I got an acknowledgement within 2 hrs and got a callback within 8 hrs. I would say this is not normal, you should try to contact them again through a different method.

When I contacted LG customer care through email, I got an acknowledgement within 2 hrs and got a callback within 8 hrs. I would say this is not normal, you should try to contact them again through a different method.

I called LG again to find out where my repair is in the system. I explained that I had not had any contact from an engineer and they gave me the phone number of the repair company and to arrange it with them directly.

Once I got through and gave them my details they were able to give me a date for repair which was great as I was expecting to be told they were weeks behind or that parts were not available.

An engineer is coming next Friday so fingers crossed I will have a working TV soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom