LG 65-inch C8 4K OLED TV Review & Comments

Want to know everything ,you have had all the 2018 sets you mad man (barring the new pannys),so fire away ,its down to YOU if I pull the trigger on a C8 ,,,,,,,,,,,no pressure :laugh:
Hahahaha, right then

Samsung, very bright and quite good but the brightness fluctuations lack of black detail and DSE done my head in. Worst of the bunch

Sony, very good still better at motion than any of the others and is still slightly ahead of the LG processing wise and not as bright, but WTF goes on with the compensation cycles one day the panel is perfect and for the next 3 band hell then back to great again. I also didn’t have any problems with the OS but i was using AppleTV. Middle of the bunch

LG, processing is far better this year and only just behind the Sony, much brighter than last year mine was measured at over 800nits, motion is definitely improved but as I said still behind the Sony”in my opinion” panel uniformity is far far better then previous years which is the big one for me, and everyone knows how good LGs OS is .
Top of the tree for me

The E8 to me was just the same as the C8, panel uniformity was the same but I was only set up for a day as the screen failed.

If your making a choice between the Sony and the LG I would say the Sony if your choice is a 2017 or 2018 it’s a no brainer

Hahahaha, right then

Samsung, very bright and quite good but the brightness fluctuations lack of black detail and DSE done my head in. Worst of the bunch

Sony, very good still better at motion than any of the others and is still slightly ahead of the LG processing wise and not as bright, but what the fudge goes on with the compensation cycles one day the panel is perfect and for the next 3 band hell then back to great again. I also didn’t have any problems with the OS but i was using AppleTV. Middle of the bunch

LG, processing is far better this year and only just behind the Sony, much brighter than last year mine was measured at over 800nits, motion is definitely improved but as I said still behind the Sony”in my opinion” panel uniformity is far far better then previous years which is the big one for me, and everyone knows how good LGs OS is .
Top of the tree for me

The E8 to me was just the same as the C8, panel uniformity was the same but I was only set up for a day as the screen failed.

If your making a choice between the Sony and the LG I would say the Sony if your choice is a 2017 or 2018 it’s a no brainer
Jeez ,didn't even know you had the E8 :), Sony is a no go as I hate Android on a tv ,lack of proper Dolby Vision etc etc , Ive never had an issue with LG motion ,so I,m lucky in that respect ,so just need to sell this C7 now ,thanks for your thoughts ,I really do appreciate them :)

Jeez ,didn't even know you had the E8 :), Sony is a no go as I hate Android on a tv ,lack of proper Dolby Vision etc etc , Ive never had an issue with LG motion ,so I,m lucky in that respect ,so just need to sell this C7 now ,thanks for your thoughts ,I really do appreciate them :)
Mate if your ever in Newcastle your welcome to pop in and have a look and play to help you make your mind up

Mate if your ever in Newcastle your welcome to pop in and have a look and play to help you make your mind up
Thanks for that mate ,I have seen the E8 v B7 running the same LG HDR demo side by side ,and was very impressed at how much better the E8 looked (same picture mode etc),I,m just trying to convince myself to press the button

Thanks for that mate ,I have seen the E8 v B7 running the same LG HDR demo side by side ,and was very impressed at how much better the E8 looked (same picture mode etc),I,m just trying to convince myself to press the button
Mate you only live once

All taken from skyQ about 10 mins ago
24BB9610-861F-408E-9257-BE3B80E50BA2.jpeg
D9AC4DF4-1407-47AE-9B7E-39DAF10422A7.jpeg
1745F85A-059E-4C92-9DD4-C6F3AD21BA8B.jpeg
B1A34A55-7A72-4BA8-9141-E6D6C831003D.jpeg
21E62BC8-23E7-4C20-A23F-DA079D1C3D34.jpeg
A568A3CD-2C5E-434B-817E-8AFDB9B40A73.jpeg
D5DE23B4-ECA9-4B19-86F7-A07F454515E6.jpeg
AE7763E9-5B22-41B3-93B3-BFE1F7AEA0D0.jpeg
901D1A6E-C9BF-4F03-80F6-0039063FEC08.jpeg
90D3E4C7-7923-48FD-AE9F-5BA82043C0C9.jpeg

I'm trying to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment, my C7 is excellent and I barely notice the band any more. It's just too darned small!

From what I'm reading the 77" C8 isn't as bright as the smaller but as long as it's as bright as my C7 I'll be happy.:cool:

Anyone come from an E6 I'd be interested to hear how the sound quality compares because I tend to use the TV audio a lot rather than an AV amp (not for movies but for all TV viewing). I love the sound quality from the E6, it's clear and has good depth to it , I'm worried the C8 would be a big step backwards in the audio dept compared to the E6, anyone able to comment on that? Ta

I'm going to get mine calibrated soon. I'm pretty sure it's not going to change an awful lot. The reason I'm rushing is because it's so dark. Some programmes like hand of God on amazon prime are very dimly lit and it can make viewing a struggle at times. I've had a cheap lcd for such a long time now it's quite a shock at true black and how it affects the pic as a whole. Some of the best footage I've seen has been 4k HDR on YouTube and Netflix. Looking forward to seeing m(a)ister kemp in a few weeks and what he can do with my TV

Last edited:
If it doesn’t sell ,I don’t buy the C8 ,and the way things stand I,m keeping the C7

From a purely selfish perspective I'm hoping it does sell, then at least I have an idea of what I'll be able to get for mine.:D

If not, it's not like you're exactly slumming it with the C7 anyway.:)

From a purely selfish perspective I'm hoping it does sell, then at least I have an idea of what I'll be able to get for mine.:D

I could have sworn you mentioned (after a few Ciders I might add) you were going to give it away to one lucky AVFer :love:

I could have sworn you mentioned (after a few Ciders I might add) you were going to give it away to one lucky AVFer :love:

Definitely sounds like something I'd do...!:eek:

My thoughts exactly Ray ,its still a cracking set

My thoughts exactly Ray ,its still a cracking set

The only reason I'll sell mine is because it looks ridiculous in the bedroom. I'd then be tempted to take that money and buy a 55" B/C7.

I imagine I could just do a swap (plus a bit of cash) in the classifieds actually...!:beer:

Advice please all. As someone looking to update his beloved, but aging Panny Plasma. Is this TV worth the extra £1000 over a B7?

Most of my viewing is Sky, Netflix and Prime. Sound will be taken care of with a separate system, so this will just be used for vision duties.

£1000 more? No.

Question is, can you wait until the C8 is cheaper - like November when Black Friday happens, as last year the B7 dropped to £1500. The next question is whether the upgrade from 7 to 8 is worth it , and I reckon that answer is yes - the better motion is something I've always been a bit worried about coming from a plasma, and the C8 has much improved this apparently (and BFI in case you find that works for you)

The only reason I'll sell mine is because it looks ridiculous in the bedroom. I'd then be tempted to take that money and buy a 55" B/C7.

I imagine I could just do a swap (plus a bit of cash) in the classifieds actually...!:beer:

Can I vote for @jmacc? Help me Ray, you're my only hope.

Im sure he would give you his portable in exchange. If you need to know his address just ask any knowhow delivery driver in Scotland, first name terms and all that!

:laugh:

i have a 55E6 :):smashin::thumbsup::rotfl::rotfl:

Apologies if these have already been answered..

I'm leaning towards either the C8 or the E8. Is the extra 700 odd quid difference purely on the picture on glass design on the E8? When they are wall mounted, surely this extra feature is pretty null and void?

What's the most flush wall mount I can get for one of these?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom