Question LG 65" BX OLED from 6 year old Samsung lcd

MickEire

Standard Member
TV upgrade time! ,My current Samsung is around 6 years old (ue60h6200) and three lenses have fallen off the backlight and it's got heavy purple colour coming from the bottom and top of the screen!

I was looking at the LG BX 65"OLED and have been looking at review after review and all mention that the screen is a little dark, I'm just curious if the screen would be darker than my 6 year old lcd, can't find any way of comparing them, what is the general view, or how much brighter has LCD TVs got over the past few years that current reviewer's are comparing it to?

( I realise the CX is a little brighter, but it is also extra cost and I'm trying to keep cost down to fund a Atmos system!)

next010

Distinguished Member
From what I can make out the H6200 could get to around 120 cd/m2 for brightness in SDR.

The BX oled averages 285 cd/m2 in SDR and 454 cd/m2 in HDR.

So yes it should be brighter than what you have, there are general settings here to use.

Compared to current generation Samsungs those can get brighter in SDR/HDR.

stevenp

Standard Member
Hi I was going to get the CX 65 but as it was for kitchen did what you are thinking and saved a couple of hundred pounds and got the BX and it is excellent!! If you compare side by side I am sure it is not quite as bright as C. But on it’s own is good enough!! Just my opinion and hope it helps we are happy with it

steve

MickEire

Standard Member
It's the 65" I'm looking at, it's about £1599 'ish , glad to hear the panel shouldn't be dimmer than what I have at the moment :). It will be mainly used for 4k Blu-ray, Netflix ect.. and some YouTube plus a bit of gaming !

fortknoxcj

From what I can make out the H6200 could get to around 120 cd/m2 for brightness in SDR.

The BX oled averages 285 cd/m2 in SDR and 454 cd/m2 in HDR.

So yes it should be brighter than what you have, there are general settings here to use.

Compared to current generation Samsungs those can get brighter in SDR/HDR.

Where can i find out the brightness of my current TV?

next010

Distinguished Member
Where can i find out the brightness of my current TV?

Typically the best place is reviews, if you know were to look both in English or foreign languages.
avforums, rtings, hdtv-test, lesnumeriques, hdtv-polska etc.

Manufacturing specs are another source, but these aren't always accurate Displayspecs catalogues these.

Also searching the net for model number plus cd/m2 can yield results.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom