LG 60PX990 Goes to Standby when turning on

kedar301

as stated my LG 60PX990 bought in November 2010 from Electro Center with 3 years warranty has shows this problem today morning.

When switching on by remote or from TV itself it goes back to stand by within a second. The display goes to turn on mode but seems like power supply fails to give power back to the screen.

This is a huge TV so i m a bit scared to bring it to a local repair center i also check the back of the TV which has few small bolts near the stand and 4 big bolt to the panel.

I check online for switch on switch off method and left TV without power for almost 2 hours but problem still persist.

Any help will be appreciated as i was expecting this TV to last at least 10 years considering cost of the LG's original flag ship set.

thanks in advance

Kedar

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You need to check your local newspaper for Tv Repairs and call one to get an estimate.

kedar301

should i contact LG for this as most local repairer wants me to bring the tele at their repair center which is a bit difficult for me considering the size of the unit.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Any Tv repair man worth his salt would understand the logistics of a customer trying to lug a set that size to a workshop and offer to do a home visit so if you can't get any locally to do that try contacting LG and ask them to recommend one.

kedar301

did contact couple of guys including one of the LG recommendation. It is going to cost me somewhere around £200.

Now is that how it should be? I mean i bought a high end flagship TV and the law says reasonable time.

So what is the reasonable time for a TV which costs £2999?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom