Lg 60ph660v from Richersounds ( Resolved perfectly)

d3nver

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We got a 60ph660v from Richersounds today, great customer service allthough alittle flawed.
I called up yesterday and a shop out of town said we could get the tv out and test for input lag as the last lg we had was 2011 3d lg plasma can't remember the name but it went back due to input lag and interference.
Had samsungs ever since and they have been great sets.
But today we found after traveling the guy was'nt at work today and we wasnt allowed to open the box, they did offer to arrange to pick it back up if it had issues for a refund so we would'nt have to travel again.
I have now called back and after a very brief chat with no real details given to us they said they would try there best to pick it up but it may take awhile :(
I know Rs are a great shop so hopefully things will go smoothly, just can't get the feeling of the grupyness on the other end of the phone and no real details given.

We allready have a 60e6500 in the living room, the lg was going tobe set up in the games room but there are some issues with it which 'll cover below.

1st

Stock Tv, hd films or games, with certain text, and scenes the plasma seems to have interference to one side of what ever is causing it at the time so lets say watching hollyoaks from the stock tv tuner the credits at the end on the left has a slight after image aswell as interference lnes, this goes for everythng tested so far from different sources.
Major issue and exactly the same as was on the lg plasma we had years ago !

2nd
Input lag for gaming.
Tried all the tweaks pc label and different inputs ect.
In 2d we can feel input lag that is'nt there on the e6500.
In 3d there is roughly 3x the amount of input lag 2d has so 3d gaming is out the question and 2d is allso abit poor.
e6500 has the same input lag in 3d as it does in 2d and is a super tv.

3rd
Colours are washed out, tried alittle tweaking but the lg just does'nt come close to the picture we see on the 60e6500.

So we brought the tv and now it's being returned.

Edit
13/5/13

As i said in other post's John would sort the issue out and he has, he got a great guy to call me and sort everything out, he could'nt be more sorry for somebody elses mistakes and helped me the best he could which involved the tv being picked up and a cash refund given but as i was allready expecting a bank refund as the shop said they'd pick it up i have opted for the bank refund as to make things easier for us both, i dont have to travel and they dont have to get the cash.

It was infact a issue with the shop wether that was due to misinformation or lack of info i dont know but i'm sure somebody will be able to correct it. Phillip the 1st guy i spoke to at shop was correct in saying i could have a look at the tv if i was gong to buy it if i was happy so none of this should of happened and they should of arranged a time that was suitable to arrange for a cash refund as they should of returned the cash.

So the issue should never of happened, i thought this, so i was correct in my way of thinking.

As i know this was nothing more than an issue i'm more than happy to use richersounds again, if they had what i wanted i would of been happy for them to keep my money but they did'nt.

The whole thing took less than a few hours to sort out as Richersounds did'nt sign in till today and im sure if i was taking the tv back it could of been sorted today or tomoz, very fast customer service.

Thankyou Richersounds for having a forum member that has a great team to help sort anything out.

Last edited:
Hi Fella,

I have searched high and low for a review of this set for days OR anyone who has purchased and your post a couple of hours ago is the only review I've been able to locate, so for that I thank-you as I'm also looking to get this set.

Do you think yours was just a duffer ? OR they all suffer with the problems you mentioned ?

Also did your set come with the magic remote as well as the standard remote ? Also is it wifi built in and is there any 3D glasses in the box with the set ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've asked RS already and they were very non committal in there answers..

Were there any positives from the set ? On paper this set sounds and looks great as I wanted a 60" 3D smart plasma and this ticks all the boxes, but if they all have the problems your experiencing I need to keep looking

Hi Jumbo,
I personally think the sets a duffer and not just the one i had but i'm not to know this bt the falts are just like another i had and the showroom demo.

If the interference wasnt there it would be just ok for gamng in 2d and would be ok for films, i like how it has true motion to smooth things but ths allso has a few artifacts but nothng out of the ordinary.
Sure colours washed alittle cmpared to teh e6500 but it looks good enough, again the interference in some scenes wrecks what could be.

Just an ordanary remote was included, do'nt know about wireless we skipped that bit and its boxed up now.

Hi,
It's easier for us to drop the tv off on Monday than have to wait in and lose wages as they cant give me a date just any day :(.

So i have just called them back to give them time and advance warning that we will be back in the shop to return tv on Monday so could they make sure my £1150 in cash is ready an waiting.

They refused piont blank to give me my cash refund and said it would have to wait as a head office refund.
Even currys gave me £2500 in cash back once before 10 am

So i'm extremely unhappy as i picked up and paid cash, this will be the last time i use Lichfields shop as this deal has been an awfull one indeed, tv should of been tested in shop like Phillip said but because it was'nt i now have a huge ballache, it cost me £30 a time to rent a van out to get this tv or to return itso i was happy enough to lose £60 but i'm so very unhappy now.

I'm going to have to see what John Clayton say's about this as i dont think i have had a fair deal, so off i go to pm John and my poor son is gutted he has no tv in the games room at all now as we gave it away to a friend.

On principle once i get my money back i will get something from John lewis as Lichfields cs has put me off on this occasion so Rs will get no money from me on this upgrade :(

Probly wont here from John till early next week hopefully, i know he's fair so i'll go on whatever he say wether good or bad as like i said i know he is a fair guy, if no cash refund is given Rs will need to pick the tv up as i'm not losing another £30 on a van and i spose i'll have to wait a few weeks to get my cash back tobe able to buy a new tv.

Sadly Monday was a day i could hire van and driver so if John does'nt get back to me by then with good news it could be the following week i can get a driver/van.

As i'm unhappy my view in this stinks, i'd be greatfull of other peoples views so i know if i'm being unfair or not as its hard to tell when your unhappy.

Last edited:
All you've done is request what RS said they would do in the event that you did not like the TV, got to be honest if it was me I'd kick right off, but I'd never pay for anything of value with cash, if you pay with a credit card then you have so much more pull.

I would expect this sort of service from some back street TV seller not RS, when I went into the RS Cardiff branch in the week I came away quite disappointed in the advice and service that was given and not the same standard that I received from that same store on previous occasions, a quick google search gives other people who have found the CS wanting ! Gave me the impression that I was hassle and they were not really interested in answering my questions, almost like a do you want it or not attitude.:eek:

Just make sure that you have put everything in writing and take names and dates, as you don't want them to say it's now too late to return or past any restrictions they have in there T&C's, this may be why they are so evasive on when they can collect from you...!

Hope it all works out for you, and yes JL customer service is A1, and for peace of mind get from them even if they are a little more expensive, as there is no doubt in my mind they would not be putting you through the stress and hassle you now are with RS ! You pays your money and you takes your chance....

We paid in cash as it was from a tv money pot :)
Tobe honest i do'nt really mind having the cash in a cheque or straight into my bank however i do mind the way this has happened and the fact that they cannot give a cash refund or give a solid date when it would of been picked up has been an annoyance, nothing more and it adds time untll we can buy another tv.

I'm well aware that Rs is indeed a very good company have a had a few dealings with them and i have found them tobe more than fair and they give help when they can if it's requested but like most things they can't be 100% all the time but they do have a Avforums contact that is second to none wether he gives out good news or bad it's allways well thought out and fair even if it's not good news ( see Richersounds user post's )
I only by from Rs because of the Richersounds forum member is here to help when we think the shop can't, it's great peace of mind.

Nothing needs tobe given in writing as We can use Richersounds forum member, things won't get that far in a million years, John would'nt let it.

Thanks for your kind and precise words Jumbo, things will work out for me with no real issues, the tv will be picked up and i'll get a bank deposit most likely.
I struggled for a van yesterday and Monday was a struggle too, could be another week before i could return it so it will have tobe picked up now but there's no worries there as John Will arrange for somebody to contact me one day soon and they will give me a definite date for collection.

I'm still debating what to get from Rs tobe honest ( they dont have what we want so have to by from Jl), maybe i was abit hasty in my earlier words as i know Rs as a whole is a pretty good company and i feel it would be unfair of me to take my money else where when they have helped me in the past at a very high standard over something alittle silly but annoying.

I did offer the shop i'd buy a tv for the bedroom for around £5/600 but they still could'nt give the rest in cash i let them know i'll contact John as i believe help is needed but i can't see me getting cash back now unless the tv gets picked up and we goto any of there shops for the cash refund a few days later.

Changed thread name, i'm unhapy but things will be sorted best they can i'm sure.

Last edited:
Got a ps51e8000 ordered now as there's nothing else that interests us, should be here in a few days, i wish the Rs shop would of just let me open it up instead of taking our money as we are down quite abit now untill this refund is sorted which will most likely take around 2 weeks to claw back :(

Does anybody know if the people that pickup the tv would have a banding tool as the box is open and the bottom falls out so it cant actually be picked up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom