LG 58uh635V HDR TV

Dave2

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this TV ?

Costco have them in for £850 all in but I am not sure what they are like and what type of backlight bleed i would be looking at.

Mainly for my sister as I am after the Samsung SUHD.

This article could be helpful in figuring out LG's 2016 range
LG's 2016 TV line-up - full overview - FlatpanelsHD

LG UH63

UH63 is also part of the 6 series. However, it is somewhat different since it does not use an IPS panel, according to LG. The company refuses to specify the type of panel. It will exist as UH635 and UH630, depending on your region.

• LCD (not IPS)
  • 4K resolution
  • HDR processing
  • Ultra Luminance (not in 40”)
  • 110% Rec.709 color gamut
  • 100 Hz panel
  • webOS 3.0
  • USB recording (only in Europe)
  • HEVC
  • VP9
  • 20W speakers
  • Wireless Sound Sync
  • WiFi (ac standard)

In Finland, the 58UH635V has been available for a while for 899€, and getting some good early user reviews - but no professional ones that I know of. The non-IPS panel appears to provide deep blacks and no one has complained about backlight bleed.

If someone finds calibrated picture settings for this model, please post it here :)

If someone finds calibrated picture settings for this model, please post it here :)

From a german forum:

Picture Mode: Vivid (User)
Backlight:: 93
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 55
Sharpness: 30
Colordept: 70
Tint: 0
Colour Temperature: K50
Noise reduction: Auto
Mpeg-noise reduction: High
Black level: low
Real cinema: on
Brightness Control: off
Local dimming: low
TruMotion: off

Would like to see a review form this model. :)

Hello
Can you post to link to that german forum pls
Thx

Hello
Can you post to link to that german forum pls
Thx
LG 58uh635v optimale Bildeinstellungen, LG - HIFI-FORUM
I bought the 58uh635v after I have been looking for a new tv for a while and reading a lot of owner treads to see if they are happy with the model they bought and the kind of problems are going around with them. I think oled is the future but they still to expensive in my opinion but they might go down over the years.

I received this tv last Thursday and been watching some low quality streaming and how horrible the image was, my girlfriend was telling me to send it back directly as she refused to watch like this. So Friday I have been fideling a bit with the setup and now she is happy with it and so I am also.

I have been watching some dvd's with hdr active and also playing a bit with the ps4 and I was happely suprised how good the image was, the blacks are realy black, colores and contrast are so much better then the 5 yr old philips it replaced ( still missing the ambilight a bit ). I have to tweak the settings more but this is getting better bit by bit.

Delivered and all for 730 pounds I think I got a good deal.

Last edited:
LG 58uh635v optimale Bildeinstellungen, LG - HIFI-FORUM
I bought the 58uh635v after I have been looking for a new tv for a while and reading a lot of owner treads to see if they are happy with the midel they bought and the kind of problems are going around with them. I think oled is the future but they still to expensive in my opinion but they might go down over the years.

I received this tv last Thursday and been watching some low quality streaming and how horrible the image was, my girlfriend was telling me to send it back directly as she refused to watch like this. So Friday I have been fideling a bit with the setup and now she is happy with it and so I am also.

I have been watching some dvd's with hdr active and also playing a bit with the ps4 and I was happely suprised how good the image was, the blacks are realy black, colores and contrast are so much better then the 5 yr old philips it replaced ( still missing the ambilight a bit ). I have to tweak the settings more but this is getting better bit by bit.

Delivered and all for 730 pounds I think I got a good deal.
Can you post the full model code on the back panel? Looks like the circled code here (so it's also on your box if that's more convenient). The panel manufacturer is hidden in this code but the 50 and 58" sizes pretty much exclude LG as the manufacturer so no IPS. Likely they are from the same manufacturer Panasonic predominantly use ...
qSBFHE8.jpg

Can you post the full model code on the back panel? Looks like the circled code here (so it's also on your box if that's more convenient). The panel manufacturer is hidden in this code but the 50 and 58" sizes pretty much exclude LG as the manufacturer so no IPS. Likely they are from the same manufacturer Panasonic predominantly use ...
qSBFHE8.jpg
20161002_114627.jpg

I hope this will do :)

Attachments

• 20161002_114627.jpg
    20161002_114627.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
Yep, perfect. So ZA.BEUJLJP; this J is the indication and as suspected the manufacturer is Innolux :) (like Panasonic use in most of their models). A 'Y' like in the pic I posted indicates an LG panel ...

I am happy with it, it has way better blacks then my 3 year old Lg, it has no lightbleeding and no dse either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom