Lg 5700

andy318

Standard Member
i have a LG 32" model 5700 and i have bought a bose cinemate surround but i have connected the leads in to the back of the tv but there is no sound out of the speaks. help??

Bob Staines

Standard Member
Ive got an LG 37 and the phono sockets are only inputs ( i think)
To get sound out to my av amp im getting an optical lead
To test if im right try plugging your phono leads into the outputs on your dvd player.

gazzer_67

You must connect the digital optical output (requires digital optical cable) from the TV if this model has it, the 32LG7000 does. And connect it to the bose digital optical input if it has one? if not replace the bose with suitable surround sound unit with optical digital input.

Last edited:

andy318

Standard Member
the bose doesnt it only has the red and white phono lead connections coming out, but it does come with a scart adapter which has a s-video port and the red,yellow and white phono connection,

gazzer_67

Well may have to take the bose back - just bluff them and say you was told it would connect to the tv with any problems - but it doesn't have a digital optical input. You may be able to use the scart/but i'm sure the lg doesn't have an option to output to one of the scart sockets Best to get a system that that has at least both digital coax/optical inputs and possibly an hdmi in/out.

You would normally also want to send surround sound from a dvd/bluray/ps3 as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom