Question LG 55UM7400PLB for £395? or Hisense H55B7500 for £475 Good deal or wait?

Pascalquale

Novice Member
Hi,

I am looking for a 4K television to use for gaming (ps4/ps5) and watching Netflix. I can wait a few more months, is it a good idea to wait until october/november? Or should I get one of this deals (LG 55UM7400PLB for £395? or Hisense H55B7500 for £475 )?

Last edited:

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Do you want HDR for Netflix and the PS5 or for other sources such as UHD discs?

I'd have a look at the type of TV you need rather than just picking randomly over 2 TV's as one of those is a VA Panel (Hisense) and one an IPS (LG). The panel type makes a huge difference to the TV.

Buying a TV is a hugely more complicated process now and you should take the time to understand what you need and want and how you may need to compromise.

Dodgexander

HDR is part of what you buy into now with an UHD TV, but unfortunately whilst every TV is sold as HDR, true HDR costs a premium. To be future proof with the PS5 and for titles in HDR on Netflix you need to think about spending more money.

At the moment there are some good deals on old stock like this if you can still find one:

or alternatively there's refurb deals on the Sony XG9505 or XF9005 mentioned here:

If you treat the TV strictly for non-HDR purposes, either of the models you picked out is fine. They are both more than good enough provided you don't use HDR content. With cheaper TVs especially you should decide which panel suits you best, before picking out specific models.

Pascalquale

Novice Member
HDR is part of what you buy into now with an UHD TV, but unfortunately whilst every TV is sold as HDR, true HDR costs a premium. To be future proof with the PS5 and for titles in HDR on Netflix you need to think about spending more money.
Didn't knew this. I will definitely look into that. Is it better to buy a 2019 model right now, or wait until the end of this year for a 2020 model?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
2019 models are getting very thin on the ground now as you've left it a bit late. There are still some about though as Dodgexander has linked to. Personally, though the 1yr warranty from Argos puts me off when Richer Sounds and John Lewis do 5/6 years as standard, they're out of stock of that TV though.
If you keep an eye on the Sony Centre Refurbished stock you can pick up a bargain and an extended warranty can be purchased for £70 or less.

2020 models will start seeing decent discounts normally by Black Friday and will be at their lowest price in 9/10 months time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom