Question LG 55UH850V 3D 4k HDR opinions?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Soundwave, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Soundwave

Soundwave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,452
    Hey guys

Does anyone own the LG 55UH850V?

It seems to be quite a bargain at £899 at Currys

I see its a Currys exclusive set but seems very well specced & is listed as a 10Bit panel

I'm intrigued as I really want a 4K HDR but I also want 3D & I had been eyeing up the Panny DX750 but this seems a pretty good option too

Thanks

Neil

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,509
    I'm looking at the 49" myself. It seems similar to and slightly better than the Sony XD80 models but costs a little more more.

In HDR terms it adds backlight dimming and higher brightness, but the former isn't a great implementation and the latter isn't much increase. It's no KS7000.

In non-HDR terms it's got a high quality IPS panel with 100hz and 1200:1 contrast that I could well believe was native 10-bit. It also gets good reviews for it's speakers and LG's WebOS platform seems to have the widest UK app selection.

Compared with the Panasonic it's obviously lower contrast so less suitable for low light viewing and the 3D is passive rather than active.

If you haven't seen it already Panasonic offering the 58" DX750 refurbished in their official outlet:
    Blaupunkt 49-148ZX 49" Smart LED TV Full HD 1080p Freeview HD Tuner HDMI Wi-Fi | eBay