LG 55SK8500PLA picture settings

jasons76

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,i have just purchased a LG 55SK8500 from currys and I am trying to find the the optimum picture settings I have looked online and haven't found much I did find an article from rtings but I tried those settings and it looks awful to be honest anybody on here got one of these tv's?.

I've just bought the 49" version. On the whole the settings are very good on default. Use the Technicolour option for SDR and HDR. Use Cinema for Dolby Vision.

You might want to fiddle with Local Dimming depending on what you're watching. But from my early tests today the High setting works quite well. I do also have bias back lighting.

Don't no if this will help I found these on the which site,
Picture mode Standard (user)
Backlight 53
Contrast 95
Brightness 53
Colour saturation 46
Colour temperature C20
Tint / Hue R5
Sharpness 25
Additional settings
Energy Saving off
Dynamic Contrast off
Dynamic Colour low
Skin/Grass/Sky 0
Colour Gamut wide
Super Resolution low
Gamma med
NR low
MPEG NR low
Black Level low
Real Cinema on
Motion Eye Care off
LED Local Dimming med

They aren't good settings. White balance too cold, contrast too high. Sharpening too high.

Cinema:
Backlight 50
Contrast 80
Brightness 50
Colour 50
Tint 0
Sharpness 10
White Balance Warm 2
Trumotion Off
Local Dimming Medium
Colour Gamut Auto

Start there. It's mostly the Cinema default with the backlight brought down to 50. Other than the backlight being too high the Cinema preset is very good. There are lots of wacky settings posted online, setting a cool White balance or high sharpening is a good giveaway, as is wide gamut.

I suggest you get used to accessing and altering the 'Picture Mode Settings' that give you access to the 'Expert' features...

Are there any reviews for this TV anywhere?

I bought the 49" version too - moving up from a 12 year old 32" panasonic which had served me well. I like this, but the only thing that niggles me a bit is slight darkness in the corners, a bit more so in the top left than the others. Its only really noticable with light coloured backgrounds, is this just the norm on big LCDs?

I bought the 49" version too - moving up from a 12 year old 32" panasonic which had served me well. I like this, but the only thing that niggles me a bit is slight darkness in the corners, a bit more so in the top left than the others. Its only really noticable with light coloured backgrounds, is this just the norm on big LCDs?

From what I've read on Rtings it's often the case with FALD sets.

Hi,i have just purchased a LG 55SK8500 from currys and I am trying to find the the optimum picture settings I have looked online and haven't found much I did find an article from rtings but I tried those settings and it looks awful to be honest anybody on here got one of these tv's?.

H there - I'm considering getting this as now £699 and seems best 55inch tv for the money, would you recommend? Have you go the picture sorted and how are the blacks? I was considering oled - but twice the price and not sure worth it with burn in risk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom