LG 55NANO866NA and 2 recorders

puternut

Novice Member
Bought an LG 55NANO866NA just before Xmas and have no problems at all with the TV.

However a seprately connected Freeview 4K recorder has begun to play up and needs replacing.

At present I have quite a few hours of stuff recorded and was wondering if I replace the recorder with another one, can I connect the Freeview as well just to play the programmes on there?

Are there 2 HDMI ports capable of inputting to the TV? There seems to be 4 HDMIs but not all seem suitable.

Incidentally I have a HD Blu-Ray player connected but that can be disconnected if need be.

Any advice - not too technical - appreciated.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Don't quite understand the question, but if you're connecting PVRs, be they Freeview or Freesat, any of the HDMI ports should be OK. If you're using a soundbar then there is a dedicated port for that, which you'd only use if you weren't using a soundbar or a/v system.

puternut

Novice Member
Oh dear - My error. Sorry for the confusion

Any reference to Freeview should be FREESAT. So the recorder I am replacing is a Freesat one with a 2nd Freesat one.

Not using a soundbar at all

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Well, if you’re replacing, you can either use the same connection or another HDMI port if you want to keep both in use.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom