• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 55EF950V / EF950 wall mounting

aggie

Novice Member
Hi
Has anyone successfully wall mounted the LG EF950 OLED using an existing VESA mount/bracket. I almost bought this TV but realised that LG have made wall mounting problematic, insisting on the LG non-VESA standard mount. I don't really want this, it would mean removing my old VESA mount from the wall and installing the new one. This itself would be a problem as the current mount was installed during building work. So has anyone had success wall mounting the TV with standard VESA mounts?
I know the TV is light in comparison to other models can it be installed using only the middle two screws/bolts? Any advice would be appreciated.......also photos of successful wall mounting would be great. Thanks all.

dr no

some people talked about an adaptor plate in another thread somewhere. So have a google as it may be possible to use your existing one, I think.

johnkm

Standard Member
I just made up a simple cross piece out of 30x20mm 'L' hard aluminium (from B&Q) for the lower holes.
I aligned the Vesa wall mount vertical bars up to line up with the top holes (200mm apart) and I cut the cross piece to slot in at the bottom and drilled holes as required.
Notes:
1. If you can get 6mm CS head screws for mounting the cross piece on to the vertical bars and countersink it where it is screwed on the vertical bars, then no spacers are needed between it and the TV.
2. The depth of the top holes in the TV case is about 18mm.
3. The LG rep said that only the top screws are required if the TV is going to be mounted vertically. But if it has to be tilted as mine was (to optimise 3D), then the bottom fixing holes must be used as well.

tanbo

Novice Member
Having the same concern. I was planning on purchasing the LG55EF9500 but I need my television to sit on an articulating mount, so I can pull out, and slightly rotate, the TV.
Since their required mount does not do this, I'll have to consider another television set.

dr no

This mount is a cantilever mount
It will allow TV to broiled out and tilted both ways

dr no

so the otw150 will allow the tv to extend out (forward) and then rotate left or right?
Yes
Not a lot, as Pauls Daniels would have said, but some

johnkm

Standard Member
M6 and 4 of them (approx 18mm long), the top two being the most important according to the LG rep who happened to be at the store (although I would utilise all 4 holes, particularly if tilting).

This is somewhat less than our previous Pioneer Kuro 50", which had a 'belt & braces' approach with 6 x M8 screws and it was nowhere near twice as heavy!

hillsrgood

Established Member
ImageUploadedByAVForums1469993410.155919.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1469993429.508162.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1469993454.787300.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom