LG 55EF950V £1,000 Off Curry's Price

F1aw1ess

Standard Member
Reaction score
LG 55EF950V Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k 55" OLED TV

Just wondered if anyone knows whether this is a 'deal' via Currys or whether its a price cut across the whole OLED range from LG? I saw LG have cut prices recently in the US on their OLED range so I assume this is us in the UK seeing the more comptetitive pricing now filtering down?

Reason I ask is Currys are doing another 10% off at the moment bringing the full cost of the 950V to £2,250 which I could stretch to if I really had to, whats making me hold off a bit is if the price cuts are from LG directly (the £1,000 off) I can see there being another 'Christmas' deal from Curry's which might well bring it down to around the £2k mark which is a steal.

Thanks Guys,

Mike

I don't know the answer to your question but I was weak today and bought one for £2249. It should come tomorrow. :clap:

It's a bargain price for a 4K OLED and they are selling pretty quick, if you look in the 950 thread there is plenty of info in there. I received mine Friday and so far no issues. Just make sure you get an October build.

Also go via quidco for an extra £31 cash back. Every little helps! :)

cheers for the replies so far guys, how do you check to see if you have an October build?

cheers for the replies so far guys, how do you check to see if you have an October build?
2/3rd numbers on serial no give month built ,and its also on the back of tv

Do you have a pic as an example please??
ImageUploadedByAVForums1447024856.707272.jpg

Hi guys, I've seen the amount of pages on the 950 thread!!.. Care to explain why an October build is important - whilst I spend an age reading that thread ;-)

Hi guys, I've seen the amount of pages on the 950 thread!!.. Care to explain why an October build is important - whilst I spend an age reading that thread ;-)
The newer the better usually. They can usually update to sort most problems but the best TV currently IMO

Yeah, as JM said, people were just hoping newer builds would fix issues, which they haven't. There are still some sets with tint, yellow streak etc.

Got it. I've ordered one now, expecting delivery on Friday. Been looking back through the 150 odd pages on the other thread and it's a shame to see soo many issues on a flagship TV :-( I'm sure there's many out there that are fine too though so fingers crossed!

There's only 1 small issue and I have it. It doesn't bother me and the picture is amazing 99.9% of the time and is the best picture I have ever seen and kicks the Samsung SUHD in to touch.

Photo of main issue with the OLED's which might improve over time & with calibration. Only noticeable on near black images.
ImageUploadedByAVForums1447616727.359167.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom