Question LG 55EF9500 OLED TV HDMI CABLE ISSUE

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by msapienza, Apr 2, 2016.

1. msapienza

msapienza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi -
    Was wondering if anyone has had issues with their OLED Tv's and HDMI cables.
    I have a brand new LG 55 inch OLED (55EF9500) wall mounted over a mantle in a newly constructed family room. I had my low voltage guy pre-wire the TV hook up site with an HDMI line running to an adjacent room and cabinet where my FIOS box is. I was assured that the wire he ran was HDMI 2.0 compliant. The problem is that the TV flickers when hooked up to my FIOS quantum box. Screen just blacks out for a second and this happens constantly. I tried an older 46 inch TV and it hooked it up to the HDMI cable and it was fine. Different FIOS boxes also produced the same problem. I moved the OLED into the room where the cabinet was and hooked it up directly to the FIOS box with a different HDMI cable and it worked perfectly !
    I dont know the manufacturer of the cable (other than that it is Chinese) but it is a THICK cable with the following inscribed: HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO VIDEO CABLE WITH ETHERNET - E468770 (UL) TYPE CL3 75 C 24 AWG ----- AWM 20276 80 C ---- 261099 CSA TYPE CMG FT4.
    I have quite a dilemma: When the TV works and doesnt flicker - the image is stunning and amazing. I dont want to return it and i'm not sure that Best Buy will let me (that saga is a whole other story dealing with them). Ripping out the cable in the wall will be a costly disaster too. Any body have any suggestions or experience with this problem ?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Mark