LG 55EC930V OLED TV

I would like to see more gray scale pics as I do believe the one we are posting about is faulty
One calibrator, dnice, said they could calibrate out gray scale banding, so maybe the vertical lines is what he is talking about
On the top pic below, I tried to highlight the top and bottom ir.
This ir looks stronger than what I had on my set, also, the top portion appears to be wider than the lower portion, which makes no sense as lb are the same size across the top and bottom
This also mirrored my 9800
298be4553df2bf800bab0670cf6f000b.jpg

d3e7f8632def2434bd3101b7b9b1930e.jpg

I would like to see more gray scale pics as I do believe the one we are posting about is faulty
One calibrator, dnice, said they could calibrate out gray scale banding, so maybe the vertical lines is what he is talking about
On the top pic below, I tried to highlight the top and bottom ir.
This ir looks stronger than what I had on my set, also, the top portion appears to be wider than the lower portion, which makes no sense as lb are the same size across the top and bottom
This also mirrored my 9800
298be4553df2bf800bab0670cf6f000b.jpg

d3e7f8632def2434bd3101b7b9b1930e.jpg
Okay, if we're drawing what we're seeing in this picture, then I'll share what I see....

9ebe652633f6912921ae3933144a3b90.jpg

1ca86d1377615c55050c30017daf4d7a.jpg

What I'd like to know is how letterbox bars could be responsible for those lines in the centre of the screen.

Also, how could that be possible when the owner of this set says he saw them during the set-up process straight out of the box?

Desk

Thanks for drawing that in, I didn't see it like that before
Looks like it's not lb ir at all

Which makes me think that my 9800 has the same thing, but to a much lesser degree(top line) and not consistent throughout the screen, also has it on the right hand side, vertically(which would probably show on this tv with an all gray screen)

Even allowing for the vagaries of camera photography on that TV picture with its varying assortment of shapes - there is definitely what appears to be a letter box retention image top and bottom.

FlatpanelsHD now have the 9300 in for review, and have posted a few initial observations.

I believe these both come from them...

Gamma is still not behaving linear when using 2-point calibration. You need to use the 20-point otherwise you will see a spike at ~70 IRE.
ABL is very much in play on this model.
Brightness hits 200 cd/m2 on an ABL pattern, but only 60-70 cd/m2 on full white, which you can pump to about 90 if you crank the OLED light to max.
As we have very little time to finish measuring and testing, I have presently calibrated once on ISF 1 with 2-point and then again on ISF 2 with 20-point.

And also...

During calibration the screen has been running with a white APL adjusted box stationary for about an hour which showed no signs of retention of burn-in.

Keep an eye out here for further developments..

LG OLED TV (55EC9300) received - FlatpanelsHD

Desk

lmfao @ elevator insider. So much bitterness. The 9800 is a piece of shit according to that mental munchkin.

Thats why i dont listen 2 the ones over bragging.:) Honesty makes people respect you, not :laugh: at you.

And to clame a tv is perfect o_O gee must be a historical first as there never been a perfect tv out so far.

I must confess the comments of Elevator Insider do seem to be completely OTT and inaccurate with regards to the 980. If it is the same poster as on AVS - well that probably explains a great deal.
The forthcoming 9300 review should be interesting though on that site...

Lyd og bilde.no has the ec930 in for review aswell they want questions on what to test.
And calls it more a evolution than a revolution vs the 9800.

Just seen the 930 and had my hands on it
smile.gif

Tv is good looking has clean classy design. It now is slightly thick'er than the 9800 and has a crome edge around the screen.
Backside has no carbon anymore but an brushed plastic look.
Remote had change of design.

Menu system my first go at web os so i was lill lost where the menus was n such but i managed.

Tv was running a letterbar movie so i did look at a light grey black n white picture of a women to se if i could se any inprint of those bars. Happy to say i didnt see any.

Pic quality lookes the same to me i tested the presets n it looks the same and thats not a bad thing at all.

Ec930 more a mature Oled tv from the 980 not a leap but a sensible evolution.

Every tv looks better in stores.
its the same effect as if you eat dinner on a restaurant.
take the same food home and it will not be as tasty as it was ;)

did you buy it or are you waiting for better times ?

one suggestion is that you buy it and test it like crazy(i know you can do it :p) for one month then return it.
just say that the slides didnt look good.

serious
thats what you can do.
it would be great to hear what the "real" improvements or downgrades was.
im not buying what the folks over at AVS says about it.

A few poor pictures i was snapping with a little girl standig behind me with her gran :laugh: prob thinking wtf is that idiot doing?

motion resoultion looks good!
50 lines or?
just joking :)

some phones are hard to take stable pictures with.
its the same with my S4

motion resoultion looks good!
50 lines or?
just joking :)

some phones are hard to take stable pictures with.
its the same with my S4

When i look at it it was on off on the motion settings so i went n changed that to user with the inserts that worked on the 980. was no jerking as the avs users saying looked the same as the 2013 to me but again standing in a high light shop looking at it from the top down isnt the best way.

That picture on the bottom left was the one i looked at checking for any inprint from the letterbars.

Or more specifically one owner in particular.....

Every tv looks better in stores.
its the same effect as if you eat dinner on a restaurant.
take the same food home and it will not be as tasty as it was ;)

did you buy it or are you waiting for better times ?

one suggestion is that you buy it and test it like crazy(i know you can do it :p) for one month then return it.
just say that the slides didnt look good.

serious
thats what you can do.

No did not buy it :) want more reviews n 4k oled nordic prices before doing anyting.

Or more specifically one owner in particular.....
The same one that somehow calibrated out some yellowing on the side of his set?
The same one who also isn't a calibrator?
It's hilarious

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom