LG 55E6V - REPLACEMENT REMOTE NEEDED

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Hi

The remote control for my LG 55E6V has malfunctioned - the central scroll wheel/enter button has depressed within the body of the remote.

LG E6V REMOTE CONTROL.PNG

I would like to get a replacement.

I presume these are not directly available from LG?

Could anyone suggest a reputable supplier of remotes?

I have looked at one, place remote-controls-shop and they have the model I need, but it does state it is not an original
LG remote, but a third party one.

Has anyone used a third party remote and is it OK?

Has anyone bought from remote-controls-shop and are they OK to deal with?

Finally, will the remote control work straight out of the box with the TV or does it need to be 'paired' and if so,
how do you do that?

Cheers.

stranger

If you don't have any luck I'm pretty sure some of the later model LGs "magic remotes' will operate your tv.

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to be absolutely certain that other LG remotes would work.

I've tried the remote from a B6 OLED (so same generation of TV as my E6) and it is only partially compatible - I can switch the TV on and off and adjust volume, but it won't navigate the Web OS bar or allow me to 'enter' a selection.

tigertimtim

I got the same remote for my E9 as didnt like the one it was supplied with and got a third party one from china...looks and works the same, just have to use a usb slot

Drongo

Distinguished Member
I got the same remote for my E9 as didnt like the one it was supplied with and got a third party one from china...looks and works the same, just have to use a usb slot

Thanks for that! :smashin:

I don't quite understand what you mean by "just have to use a USB slot" - do you mean the remote has to be programmed to the TV?

Cheers

tigertimtim

Yes it comes with a little usb pen which is what "connects/programmes " the remote to the tv, it works simply in practice

Last edited:

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Yes it comes with a little usb pen which is what "connects/programmes " the reomote to the tv, it works simply in practice

Thanks, that's very helpful.

So you plug the USB into the TV so the remote 'talks' to the TV?

Presumably you don't have to connect the remote to a PC to programme in all the functions of the remote control?

Final question (I think!) does the remote enable the 'pointer' to work onscreen?

Cheers

tigertimtim

Thanks, that's very helpful.

So you plug the USB into the TV so the remote 'talks' to the TV?

Presumably you don't have to connect the remote to a PC to programme in all the functions of the remote control?

Final question (I think!) does the remote enable the 'pointer' to work onscreen?

Cheers
Yes so it talks to the tv

No PC needed....as i said its a simple one time connect thing n its done

Yes pointer still works as do all other functions as far as i know

mjbtin

Drongo

Distinguished Member

The remote control arrived yesterday.

For anyone else, that may be interested, the remote control is a near identical remote to the original. Build quality appears the same, the only difference is that a couple of buttons have been changed for direct access Netflix and Amazon buttons. These do not work on my E6. That's no big deal as they are accessible via the WebOS access bar.

I just inserted batteries and plugged in the USB dongle into the TV and it worked straight away without any setting up required.

The replacement remote, bears the same CE number as the original, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's come out of the same factory as the LG original minus the LG logo.

REMOTE CONTROL LG 55E6V.JPG

Thanks again for the suggestion. :thumbsup:

rogdodge

I had the same scroll wheel problem. I ordered a replacement through Amazon nl and received one from Germany. Unfortunately, after trying numerous times to pair the TV with the remote, I gave up. I am returning the remote.

I can still use the scroll button and I have the small remote that came with the TV so I am able to operate the TV. I have searched for compatible remotes that have the 'magic' cursor but cannot be sure they will work. Any ideas?

Drongo

Distinguished Member
I had the same scroll wheel problem. I ordered a replacement through Amazon nl and received one from Germany. Unfortunately, after trying numerous times to pair the TV with the remote, I gave up. I am returning the remote.

I can still use the scroll button and I have the small remote that came with the TV so I am able to operate the TV. I have searched for compatible remotes that have the 'magic' cursor but cannot be sure they will work. Any ideas?

Hi

The 'magic cursor' doesn't work on my replacement control. It's something that does not
bother me.

Just a quick update. The 'back' button on the replacement remote now works only intermittently which is a big issue for me as I use WEB OS, especially YouTube a lot.

I contacted the eBay seller trying to secure a replacement remote, but they never responded, so I ended up with a full refund.

I'm sure that I have just been unlucky as the build quality of the remote looks as good as the original.

Currently, I'm using the mini remote that came with the television without problems. I'll probably try to secure yet another replacement in the new year, though it will be from a different seller.

rogdodge

@Drongo

I was mainly interested in the 'magic cursor'. In the meantime, I use the small remote I got with the TV. It works fine but a bit of a bind and so awkward when I need to get to a point on the screen. The cursor was so useful!!

I contacted LG NL but they could only provide 2 links to websites that sell LG remotes. They wanted about €90. The problem I find is that there are a number of websites that say their remote will work with the OLEDE5V TV, but they don't mention the magic cursor. I think I will stick with the small remote.

rogdodge

I tried one of the firms recommended by LG NL. The remote was delivered today. It paired to my TV straight away and the magic cursor works. It was quite expensive but I am relieved I don't have to send another one back.

The part number was: AKB75455601

Drongo

Distinguished Member
I tried one of the firms recommended by LG NL. The remote was delivered today. It paired to my TV straight away and the magic cursor works. It was quite expensive but I am relieved I don't have to send another one back.

The part number was: AKB75455601

That's great. :smashin:

Out of interest, do you have a link to the product you bought?

Cheers.

rogdodge

It is a Dutch website. I use Edge browser and right mouse click to get translate to English.

There are contact details. I usually send an email in English along with a google translation into Dutch as a curtesy. 😁

Drongo

Distinguished Member
It is a Dutch website. I use Edge browser and right mouse click to get translate to English.

There are contact details. I usually send an email in English along with a google translation into Dutch as a curtesy. 😁

Thanks for that. :smashin:

I've found the remote on another site and it's even more expensive! :eek:

I'll see how I get on with my existing remotes, but if I decide to buy another, I may order from your supplier.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard for $70 billion
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio joins BluOS Audio Ecosystem
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro expands C10 MkII speaker range with new colours