Lg 550 3d lag

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by connect, Dec 22, 2011.

1. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Did the lag issue get sorted? I've searched around but seem to get varying answers.

Also is passive good all horizontal but just not good on the vertical?

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. Ari33

Ari33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I really dont notice the lag, others have also found it acceptable.. while others say its still a little laggy.

See posts 11 and 13 on this thread Re- lag http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-tv-technology/1556826-lg-47lw550t.html#post16006715

Also look up Moccas http://www.avforums.com/forums/members/167123.html posts, he has had 5 recent 3D TV's and lag is an important factor for him. He's is currently selling his Toshiba passive and looking at the Phillips passives and will no doubt measure it's lag once he gets it. ;)

Re- horizontal/vertical, no.. Imo it's fine on both but don't take my word for it go and see for yourself.

3. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    I went to richer sounds today. I was very impressed with the 550t in terms of 3d.

I also went to comet but they were saying that they could see scan lines. I'm not sure what that is to be honest. Is it a problem anyone has mention before?

4. mocca

mocca
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    By the looks of it i'm moving to the tosh 47" and that's that, i want a pj so bad but the bulb costs for 10/18 hours a day use would kill me.
    So i think it's the 47 tosh that is calling me.
    Lag difference between the tosh and the lg sets are quite noticeable when moving from one set to the other but this is not to say the lag is bad on the lg, i can say it was ok on a ld950 and 450u lg passive even though it was present as proved by teh tosh. Not sure about the other sets though that have more software options like the 550/650.

5. Ari33

Ari33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    In 3D at distances above 5 feet I can't see the FPR lines atall. If they could see them they must be blessed with hawk like vision.

I dont have much confidence in Comet staff.. I went in to view the various sets and asked the saleswoman what technology she thought was best... "Active without a doubt" she said.. my own eyes saw differently and I asked her why she thought the LG I was viewing was poorer than the active Samsung next to it, she stated that she couldn't see the 3D effect on the TV's because she had a damaged eye! :rolleyes:

Commision reasons?

6. 5p3kt7um

5p3kt7um
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,from what i've seen of it it's fine horizontaly,if not better than other sets.

Spectrum

edit:haha,i didn't seee the other posts :))

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  7. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Could someone explain the resolution with the lg. I keep reading that the resolution is 540p when viewing 3d. Then I read that an update made it 1080i. Now my brain doesn't understand at all! Cheers people! :)

8. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    There's a fairly technical discussion here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-t...l-we-see-first-true-1080p-passive-3d-set.html

Also covered in pretty much all the "Active vs Passive" type threads

9. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Thank you for that. I've had a good look through but now I do have two other questions.

1) why is the review for the 550t in the LCD section and the 650t in the led section. I thought they were the same set bar an extra 100hz.

2) does input lag onle effect online gaming? Would I notice it playing for example a racing game offline single player, or stuff like resident evil etc. And is it just on games that input lag effects. When watching a blu ray this does not come into the equation? Sorry if these are stupid questions.