LG 55" 4KTV HDMI eARC not working

MrReeee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an LG 55" 4K TV (OLED55G1PUA). It's connected to a pair of KEF LS60 wireless speakers (and KEF KUBE 10b subwoofer) with an HDMI eARC cable.

The cable is from Amazon: Zeskit Maya 8K 48Gbps. It says it's eARC compatible.
Amazon product ASIN B07S196T4Z
For some reason, the sound is not working.
The connections on both ends are good.
All the TV and speaker settings seem to be good.
The indicator LED on the Primary speaker even blinks when I attempt to adjust the volume with the TV remote, but no sound.

The speakers work perfectly streaming audio from Mac or iPhone, via wifi or with a CD player connected to the speakers' RCA jacks.

I'm stumped. Solutions, anyone?

Replace the cable?
Would an optical interconnect cable be better?

Hello,

I have an LG 55" 4K TV (OLED55G1PUA). It's connected to a pair of KEF LS60 wireless speakers (and KEF KUBE 10b subwoofer) with an HDMI eARC cable.

For some reason, the sound is not working.

I'm stumped. Solutions, anyone?

Replace the cable?
Would an optical interconnect cable be better?
OK. Figured it out.

First, replaced the cable. Probably didn't need to. Got an AudioQuest Vodka eARC cable.
Used the old one for connecting an iPad or iPhone if I want.

Next… actually did the RTFM thing and READ THE SPEAKER MANUAL. Parts of the TV manual, too, which mentioned not using a cable longer than 3 meters. Good to know.

Then, went back through the all TV menus I could find related to Audio or Audio Out and set everything I could find to HDMI eARC. There were 3 or 4 settings scattered about, so it was a worthwhile endeavor.

The speaker manual mentioned to be SURE to set the audio output to PCM, NOT Dolby, Bitstream or Auto. Hunted it down, no easy task with LG's horrific menus.

So, it worked! YAY!
Sounds GREAT! Better than I had hoped.

As the I-Ching says… Perseverance Furthers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom