LG 52SZ8R - HDMI Not Working

stewartbradford

Hey guys,

I recently got given an LG 52SZ8R DLP tv, certainly a step up from the 32" LCD we had in the living room before...

However there is a small problem, the HDMI port doesn't seem to work, plugging in a DVI-HDMI lead from my MacBook Pro leaves the tv saying "no signal." I also tried the set with a borrowed Samsung Blu-Ray player and got the same result.

From what I can tell the tv isn't sending any information back to the Mac about the resolution or anything - the Mac sees it as an "Analog Display". I know for a fact that the lead is okay and the laptop can speak with a HDMI port no problem - the 32" LCD is now in my bedroom and I have the Mac hooked up no problem at all.

I vaguely remember reading a piece on a forum some where regarding a dud HDMI port on an LG LCD and it was something to do with a service menu setting, now I know the tv had a repair for some sort of colour fault a few years back so is it possible the guy who fixed it broke something in the service menu?

The tv has another 2 years of warranty left on it (Curry's Anything Happens plan) so I could get someone out to look at it but if it's a simple setting then it would save a lot of problems. It's easy enough to get into the service menu, it's just where to look. lol.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Stewart

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom