1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg 52" vs Samsung 50" dlp

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Mauler57, May 8, 2005.

1. Mauler57

Mauler57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all i have looked everywhere for some info on the lg rt-52sz60db i cannot find any reviews. I have seen some info on the Samsung sp-50l3hx and it seems like a good tv. I have seen both in person and the samsung seemed to have a better crisper image but i like the size and look of the lg. From what i can see the lg uses the hd2 and the samsung uses the hd3. I know from experience the way the tv is setup makes a huge difference and i am sure both tv will look good but i dont want to regret my decision. I have a modded xbox and watch a lot of movies on it. Any recommedations or reviews would be much appreciated...I will be getting either one in less then a week

Ps the lg is $500 cheaper as well

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,510
    [edit]
    Mauler try the US version of these forums:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=&forumid=63

Even though I havent seen the LG, I would steer clear. Go for the samsung, a much better build quality :D

3. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi Mauler

the SP50 is better. You do have to do your homework carefully before buying; for example, users have found that the Optoma RD65 (etc) display a serious judder when fed an NTSC video signal.

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,510
    Malso

I was the second person in the UK to recieve a RD65 and it was I that discovered the 60hz fault. Optoma didnt know anything about it.