LG 50UN7006LA sound output options

Captairwaves

Novice Member
Hi All,

I have just purchased this TV (LG 50UN7006LA) to replace my 7 year old Samsung.

I also have a older set of Logitech Z2300 speakers which only have a 3.5mm jack.

I love these speakers for movies and music and really want to continue using them.

Issue I have is it has ARC and Optical out only, is there anyway I can connect this up to these outputs and also have volume control through the TV? Or is this not a possibility and just have to use the physical control on the speakers?

Also the TV has Bluetooth, does anyone know if the TV supports Bluetooth Audio Out? As I have a Logitech BT RCA adapter
too.

I have put these questions to LG, awaiting response from them and I'll update this thread as and when.

Thank in advance

SeeMoreDigital

A Bluetooth connection is pretty good, as the TV's remote control can be used to adjust the volume level of the Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth receiver dongle...

I have personally used both types of Bluetooth devices to good effect ;)

Captairwaves

Novice Member
A Bluetooth connection is pretty good, as the TV's remote control can be used to adjust the volume level of the Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth receiver dongle...

I have personally used both types of Bluetooth devices to good effect ;)
That's great! I just hope it allows Bluetooth audio support, my Samsung definitely doesn't and only accepts Samsung devices.

But if it does that would be perfect and eliminates cables in the process and I have the sub hidden from sight and positioned in the sweet spot of the room.

Thanks for the swift reply.

I will keep this updated with any future info

SeeMoreDigital

That's great! I just hope it allows Bluetooth audio support, my Samsung definitely doesn't and only accepts Samsung devices.
Just-so-know... All my 2016 LG televisions are able to communicate with all my Bluetooth devices ;)

Captairwaves

Novice Member
Just-so-know... All my 2016 LG televisions are able to communicate with all my Bluetooth devices ;)
Perfect, music to my ears, pardon the pun.

Then I am looking forward to playing around to get it up and running, in all fairness my Samsung is a 2013 model.

Even my son's Toshiba bought 2 years ago supports audio over BT, so should have known 😅

Captairwaves

Novice Member
My TV arrived today and can confirm that the Bluetooth option works perfectly.

For anyone looking for the information in the future.

I am running a Logitech F7 Bluetooth adapter connected to a set of Logitech Z2300 2.1 speakers.

The LG 50UN7006LA TV and connected via Bluetooth, it works perfectly including volume control with no dubbing/lag effect.

Really happy with the sound quality too, although seems a little more bass heavy compared to my Samsung, and you don't get any eq options through Bluetooth.

Thanks all for your help and enjoy 🙂

SeeMoreDigital

A few years ago I bought one of these Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter/Receiver dongles, which I use with a pair of conventional headphones. It works great ;)

I rather like this particular Bluetooth dongle as it can be used as both a transmitter and receiver...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom