Question LG 50UK6470PLC Reviews?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by MarsA7X, Jul 26, 2018.

1. MarsA7X

MarsA7X
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone have LG 50uk6470plc? If so (or not), would you recommend it? It is currently on sale and I am looking for a new TV. Thanks.

2. PDA0763

PDA0763
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought this tv about a week ago, because According to Which, this TV was ALMOST a best buy. It failed to be so on slow response and a poor remote handset. Frankly neither of these are relevant. Set up was easy and quick, The picture wasn't bad when switching on it is defaulted to eco mode, once I had played around with the settings, I found the picture to be clear and crisp, however, Sit directly in front of the screen and it's acceptable, but move just a couple of feet off either left or right or even up and down, and the picture becomes totally different, not bad but other tv's do it better 4k pictures are great, the sound is better than I thought, I have no complaints about the software included I found them quick to load for my taste, the remote is ok, with buttons for Netflix and amazon on the remote, it's doesn't come with the magic remote, but I haven't missed it, overall I'm happy with it, my main concern is picture quality and on that once set is excellent, hope this was of help to someone.

3. PDA0763

PDA0763
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Before i started with the settings, I disabled all the eco settings. I set Energy Saving and Eye Comfort Mode to Off, as I didn't want the TV to artificially limit the brightness of the TV or change any settings while I was setting up the tv.
    The first thing i did was to select Standard mode, I set the 'Aspect Ratio Settings' to '16:9' since i did not want my input to be stretched in any way. I then set 'Backlight' to 61 the 'Contrast' to 95 and left 'Brightness' to 50, its default value. I also moved 'Sharpness' to 25, Color' to 60 and 'Tint' to 0,
    In the 'Expert Controls' settings page, i turned off 'Dynamic contrast', 'Super Resolution', and 'Color Filter' I set the 'Color Gamut' to 'Auto', so the TV will switch the color gamut automatically to match the video source.
    In the 'Picture Options' menu, I turned off 'Noise Reduction' and 'MPEG Noise Reduction', but you can turn on these on if you are watching older low-resolution content, as it may help reduce visual noise and compression artifacts. I set the 'Black Level' to 'Low' When set wrong, blacks will look much more grayish or may be crushed. I left 'Motion Eye Care' off since I did not want the TV to change brightness automatically depending on the displayed scene. The 'Real Cinema' option should be turned on if you are watching a 24p movie via a DVD or Blu-ray player in order to have a judder-free movie.
    TruMotion, or soap opera effect is a matter of taste I had mine on clear, but just turn it off if you don't like that effect, also you need to turn on 'HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color' for the HDMI port where you intend to connect your HDR UHD Blu-ray player or UHD game console, as some players may not detect that the TV can support the full HDMI bandwidth necessary for HDR content,
    These are just my settings I am no expert and everyone's taste is different if they help please feel free to adjust to your liking, also if you want to go down the Cinema mode route, I did try these settings with the cinema mode but the only other adjustment was In the 'White Balance' settings, i selected 'Cool' from the 'Color Temperature' settings, just my preferance again,