• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question LG 50UF830V opinions

NigelC

Established Member
Interested in a new telly around the 48"-50" size range as a replacement for an aging Panasonic Plasma 37PX70.
Have see the LG 49UF770V and also the LG 50UF830V. Problem is I can't seem to find any real world details / reviews online for the 50UF830V. This is marketed as a 2015 model but it is unclear how new this actually is.
Any recommendations or advice greatly appreciated.

NigelC

Established Member
I am not getting a warm feeling about this model due to a distinct lack of info. Since writing I have determined that this TV does not have an IPS panel display. This does appear to be going against the norm. Guess I should forget this model and look for an alternative.

Pilatus47

Established Member
The LG 50UF830V is a nice TV. Is part of the "Colour Prime" series. Is HDR compatible. If you want more info, try to search this UF8300.

NigelC

Established Member
Thank you for your input. I originally posted this back in Nov when details were very sketchy. I agree this is a good looking set but still not sure how it stacks up against the competition at this price point. A Costco purchase should be quite safe as their returns policy is excellent. However, I wanted a new toy in time for Christmas and ended up buying a 50" Samsung 4K instead.

monbug

Standard Member
Did you have the opportunity to compare it to other tvs?

No they had about 8 on a pallet, but none on display unfortunately, if I get chance Ill try and call back later tonight.
IMG_1271.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom