lg 50pz550t DLNA wireless question??

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by belfastchild, Jan 8, 2012.

1. belfastchild

belfastchild
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys.

Im not the best when it comes to this sort of stuff, so if possible could you keep any replies as basic as possible, thnx.
    My lg50pz550t has a LAN input on the rear, does this mean I can connect it to my home network and share music, fotos etc from my P.C/Laptop maybe IPhone4....I'd love to be able to play music, from my devices, through my home cinema....if so what other cables would I need or can I make it wireless.

I currently have lg50pz550tv, Lg LHT-550 home cinema, Sky HD... PC upstairs, connected to router & a laptop, printer & Iphone 4 connected to the network, wireless.

Thanks

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,347
    If the source PC is running Windows 7 then DLNA is available.
    Your (wired) network can connect to a 5 or 8 port switch then feed upto 4 or 7 devices.

3. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    Serviio is also worth trying as it has better media support than WMP12.

LG also on rare models actually allow browsing via SMB (Windows networking) like your PC can, this has the benefit of bypassing DLNA which comes with it's own issues.

Lastly LG have their own implementation of Plex called MediaLink not sure if your TV has it or not, if it does and you install the Plex Media Server on the PC you can stream media that way, the primary advantage of Plex is that it provides metadata/coverart/fanart whereas DLNA does not.

To push content from the iPhone to the LG TV try ZappoTV on the app store it's free and generally works okay though DLNA is not very good at this sort of thing, there are others like Media Link Player or Plugplayer if ZappoTV does not work out and be sure to enable location services when it asks otherwise you wont get access to the camera roll on the iPhone.